speaker suggestions

enorfrog
10+ year member

military
Greetings,

I am getting ready to purchase some speakers for my car. I am not installing a competition system and only intend to replace the factory speakers in my saab 9000.

I plan to use the head unit to power the speakers. the head unit is a blaupunkt san fran cd70.

up front, the car sports 4" components and the rear is a 6x9 component setup.

I am considering the following speakers.

Audiobahn acx402 with acx692/693 or as69Q

-or-

Blaupunkt PCxi402 with PCxi693

-or-

Boston Acoustic RC41 with RX97 or FX93

any and all suggestions are welcome!

tks,

john

Well if you're going to power them with your head unit then you're gonna want to look at speakers that don't need a lot of power to sound good. Don't know the specs of any of the speakers you listed but don't go and buy top of the line components that need 50-100 watts rms when your deck prob. gives 15-20. Maybe some infinity refrence series.

of those 3... go Boston Acoustics... easily....

otherwise look at some of the Pioneer stuff... middle of the road, and dont relaly need a ton of pwoer to sound decent... the permier stuff is nice.

April 14, 2003

PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH THIS SYSTEM!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif This is not a good system! It will not get loud, and when it does get loud, it'll sound too boomy.

So, please listen to my idea, if you want a system worth anything, at all. I do not mean this as a diss. I am just informing you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Alright, be forewarned, I am offering you the best to my knowledge, and this will be very expensive!

Alright, here it goes.

Amplifiers:

(1) MTX Thunder 81000D Mono Amplifier (1000 Watts at 2 Ohms)

(2) MTX Thunder 8302D 2-Channel Amplifier (150 Watts x 2 at 4 Ohms)

Subwoofer:

(1) Image Dynamics IDMAX 12" Subwoofer (Handles 1000 Watts RMS)

Speakers

(1 Pair) Morel Supremo Tweeter (Handles 200 Watts RMS)

(1 Pair) Morel supremo Midrange (Handles 100 Watts RMS)

Stereo:

Alpine

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif :crazy:

brad.farmer

man, ignore brad.. he's 14, and doesnt seem to know what he's talking about at all....

if he would ahve read your orignial post, he would ahve noticed that all you want are replacement speakers...

listen to thsoe who can read, lol.

i can read and write! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have made my decision and will be using Boston Acoustic.

i am looking for a set of RC41 for the front. i just picked up a set of CX4 for my wife's car.

thanks for the feedback!!!

regards,

john

I would recommend none of these companies. Instead, I would recommend Infinity. Also in the Infinity speakers, I would say to go with their best line, Infinity Kappa Perfect. They are not all that expensive, plus they are wonderworkers. They are not the best, but they are not the worst. They can deliver crisp clear highs, or earthshaking lows. They always last for a long period of time. Which is significant, because of the harsh conditions you car sustains during winter and summer. The change in air is damaging to any speaker. Therefore, having durable speakers, will help them last much longer than companies that don't really focus on good supplies, when building the speaker.

Infinity is also neat looking. If you ever look at their Kappa Perfects, they are white. My personal opinion is that is cool looking. But that is just me. Somebody else, might disagree with me, though.

Infinity also delivers crispy clear highs and lows, at all volumes. Whether you like ear busting, or just quiet, Infinity will do anything you want them to!

brad.farmer

Definently, ignore that one about going with that expensive crap! Who wants to pay that much, for some speakers? Yeah, I know I posted that, but it's insane! Why spend over two thousand bucks for speakers? It crazy, and stupid! You could pay your bills with that money, or get better things. So, just ignore that message about the morels, and all that junk. they sound great, but who wants to spend that much?!

brad.farmer

Originally posted by brad.farmer Definently, ignore that one about going with that expensive crap! Who wants to pay that much, for some speakers? Yeah, I know I posted that, but it's insane! Why spend over two thousand bucks for speakers? It crazy, and stupid! You could pay your bills with that money, or get better things. So, just ignore that message about the morels, and all that junk. they sound great, but who wants to spend that much?!

brad.farmer
again ??? you don't stop.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

have you lsitened t the perfect compoennts?

the tweeters need immense amounts of work... thaqt ceramic tweeter is very flawed, they should have stuck with teh silk tweets that they make...

so firt you go around spouting off that morels supremos are the only thing that anyone should buy, and now you are telling people taht spending a lot of money is not worth itl...

wow... if i get mod, my first act will be smacking you upside the head... too bad i didnt make that clear on thursday, i would have won for sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.