Speaker Suggestions....?

Pablo1756

Hey guys I have a 1992 Ford Explorer 4-door. I want to get some speakers for it before i get my sub and box. I need some suggestions that would my car bumpin.

i want to get 6"x8" for the front doors HIGHS (3-way) Suggestions please

I want to get 6"x8" for the rear doors MIDS (3-way) Suggestions please

I want to run these speakers together w/ my subs or do u sugest a seperate amp for the speakers (if so what is a goodsize amp to run my speakers)

And also about my subs I want to get dual 12's whats a good size amp to run these. (unless i run everything off one amp) which i think would be a bad idea? Let me now guys any suggestions are welcomed i need to get a good system for my car!!!!

First of all the only way I would ever run everything off of one amp is if it's a 5-channel, but if you want dual subs, then scratch that. Secondly you don't have to get 6x8's, you can have a template made that will hold 5.25 components in a 6x8 enclosure. Heck you could get 6.5 components in there, I think. I would get components over 6x8's if I was you. Alpine, MBQuart, and DEI are the best that I have ever seen. what kind of 12's do you want that will tell you what size amp to get. Any 4-channel that is 70watts or above per channel is usually ok to use for the speakers. About the sub amp, if you get a big enough sub then maybe you should consider a seperate amp sor each sub.

Maynurd is right about the different styles of speakers you can put in there. Components will beat out 2/3 ways every single time. MB Quartz are excellent components, however I would also recommend Boston Acustics, Kicker Resolutions and Infinity Perfects as well. Each one of these has different models which are determined by quality and $$$. It really depends on what kind of music you like and listen to, plus of course how much dinero you want to spend. By far stick with a seperate amp to run your mids/highs. I have a 400x4 amp for my mids/highs and its a Fosgate so it puts out a little more power then that. Depends on what type of speakers you get, some are power hungry. Subs and their amps are totally a different story.

About running it off seprate amps, can't I run speakers off my HU? 35x4..? Thats what i have been told because the rns onmost seakers are like 2-30 or something like that. So my HU can easily power that..?

Also what are componets..? Diffrent type of speaker? give me some more incite on this i'm interested //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think i'm going to get dual 12" sony explodes. Whats goodap to run of this..? thanks guys

You can always run speakers off your HU. However most aftermarket speakers can and do require more power then your HU puts out. In addition some speakers will just sound that much better with more power. Component speakers are a mid with a seperate tweeter not attached. Its a much better speaker. Go to any local electronic store (i.e. Circuit City, Best Buy) to see what they look like/sound. Many of those local dealers though wont carry MB Quartz, Boston, or anything that high end.

You can always run speakers off your HU. However most aftermarket speakers can and do require more power then your HU puts out. In addition some speakers will just sound that much better with more power. Component speakers are a mid with a seperate tweeter not attached. Its a much better speaker. Go to any local electronic store (i.e. Circuit City, Best Buy) to see what they look like/sound. Many of those local dealers though wont carry MB Quartz, Boston, or anything that high end.

Running deck power is better suited to run the stock speakers..Ya you can run aftermarkets but they are better suited for some type of amp or you run the risk of ruining your new speakers..two sets of speakers are equal to a decent amp..simple math.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.