Speaker replacement for a component set?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pearson
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
I bought a set of massive audio vk6's and when I received the one of the speakers were separated from the center. I shipped the speaker back on the 27th of Feb and the company said they haven't received it yet so they won't replace it. It's been a month and my wife didn't put tracking on it s i'm pretty much fucked on that. I've been in contact with the company and usps and no one has a clue.

Anyways, I want to buy I whole new component set, probably the dd 6.5's, but the wife said she'd buy me the speaker since she shipped it and fucked it up. So i'm trying to figure out if there's a way to just buy one speaker from the component set. When I look up the speaker it seems like they are strictly for mid bass or not the same speaker. I don't know if the speaker is different because it works with the crossover or if that doesn't make a difference. I know people have blown one speaker or broke it somehow I just don't know what they did to replace it.

Hell yeah. She likes **** too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif
edit- blocked anal. ******* filter.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

To answer your question though, it sounds like you did what most everyone else would do when they need to replace one speaker...you sent it in for repair, but you kinda got screwed on the return. I'd try contacting them again, being persistent never hurts. Worse comes to worse, buy your new set and hock the remaining speaker on Amazon or Ebay or something.

Or just go hustle your local high school kids...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
To answer your question though, it sounds like you did what most everyone else would do when they need to replace one speaker...you sent it in for repair, but you kinda got screwed on the return. I'd try contacting them again, being persistent never hurts. Worse comes to worse, buy your new set and hock the remaining speaker on Amazon or Ebay or something.

Or just go hustle your local high school kids...
You must not be into the **** thing. lol

I'm just going to give it a little more time, then raise some hell. Would a regular speaker work with the crossover or is it speaker specific? I guess that was my original question.

None of the shops carries massive around here and the one that said they did carries ma audio. I'll keep looking around but it may look like i'm sol for now.

You must not be into the **** thing. lol

No no, that was just shock. You're one lucky son of a *****.

As for the crossover, I don't see why it wouldn't work with another speaker. I saw a post once about a guy who was selling his component speakers without crossovers included, because he decided to keep them for his rear deck. May need to tweak it a bit, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.