Speaker Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isaac
10+ year member

Iowa
My friend has a blown mid in his 2002 Grand Prix and just wants to get some cheaper speakers at walmart to replace them. It would be easier to do coaxals but I was wondering if you could just put them in place of the mids and leave the tweeters?

Tell your friend that his Walmart speakers will blow faster than an Asian hooker after being given $5... He needs to at least get a decent pair of speakers ie powerbass, alpine, pioneer, infinity, etc. If he gets the Sony xplodes or something that is exactly what they will do EXPLODE

Agree with the post above about NOT buying cheap ones at Walmart. If he's going to replace them at least get something halfway decent, you can probably even find a good pair online cheaper than walmart sells their cheaper ones (Xplode, etc.) anyways.

In my sunfire, it has some small stock tweeters that I just removed and put a good set of coaxials in the front. So yes, this is possible and probably the cheapest route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.