Speaker question 8(

Too little power never has and never will hurt a speaker. It won't cause distortion at higher volumes, regardless of the rms power rating of the loudspeaker. All underpowering the speaker will do is prevent it from reaching high volumes.

Too little power never has and never will hurt a speaker. It won't cause distortion at higher volumes, regardless of the rms power rating of the loudspeaker. All underpowering the speaker will do is prevent it from reaching high volumes.
Then I'm imagining the fact that when I had my alpine 17Cs running off the HU they sounded **** at HIGH VOLUMES (while they sounded awesome at lower volumes) and when I got an amp for them they sounded amazing at all volumes?

What speakers? Stock?
Of course HUs can produce good sound quality. But on speakers rated at 60rms (or in my case, 90rms) that HU won't drive them with clear sound at high volumes. Stock speakers perform well off the HU because they're built for low wattage, your new ones aren't. Get an amp, and they will sound better.
You're retarded. Back that up with facts, please.

"that HU won't drive them with clear sound"

lol

Well I'm just going on what I've personally experienced. Maybe how I'm describing isn't correct or my reasoning isn't. But I will guarantee you if you get an amp those speakers will sound great.

why would you waste money on speakers rated with twice as much watts as your hu if your not going to match their power is like having speakers rated at 60rms and your hu at -20rms.

I got a new HEad unit and 4 infinty door speakers and it sounds like **** at high volume , My factory 10 watt speakers had better sound lol
Is my problem is not having a amp to push the speakers in my door?

this is my head unit http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11106_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P600UB.html

and my speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9271_Infinity+Reference+6022i.html

Any help would be great i was thinking of changing the back 2 speakers with 2 midbass speakers would that be better

What type of vehicle do you have this installed in?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.