Speaker question 8(

marlz827
10+ year member

I got a new HEad unit and 4 infinty door speakers and it sounds like **** at high volume , My factory 10 watt speakers had better sound lol

Is my problem is not having a amp to push the speakers in my door?

this is my head unit http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11106_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P600UB.html

and my speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9271_Infinity+Reference+6022i.html

Any help would be great i was thinking of changing the back 2 speakers with 2 midbass speakers would that be better

Could be a multitude of things, and there are tons of things you can do to improve the sound from your speakers. However, for your application and wants, I'd be willing to bet that you just need to play around with your settings on your headunit. More than likely, you're running those speakers full range. Just play around with the equalizer and crossover settings until it sounds good to you.

You need an amp, it's nothing to do with your HU settings.

I'd like to hear you try to justify this, because it's dead wrong.
I disagree. From that HU you're not going to get clear sound at higher volumes without an amp.

Because too little power blows speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
What does that have to do with it? He's talking about getting distortion at high volumes of the HU power supply. I'm no expert but I know you're not going to get clear sound at high volumes with those speakers no matter what your HU settings are at.

Any yes, if you got an amp they'd sound much better. The thing is those stock speakers are made to perform at 10 watts, your new ones are made to perform at around 60w. If you were to get something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=120&i=489HA1040&tp=115 Your problems would go away.

All misinformed opinions do is confuse people who are trying to learn.

It's like teaching a math class by saying that, in my opinion, 2 + 2 is actually 5, but I don't have to justify it.

What does that have to do with it? He's talking about getting distortion at high volumes of the HU power supply. I'm no expert but I know you're not going to get clear sound at high volumes with those speakers no matter what your HU settings are at.

Any yes, if you got an amp they'd sound much better. The thing is those stock speakers are made to perform at 10 watts, your new ones are made to perform at around 60w. If you were to get something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=120&i=489HA1040&tp=115 Your problems would go away.
Take a physics or electronics course and get back to this thread.

until i got my comp set i had my speakers running off the HU (Premier deh680MP) and they sounded awesome! so no an amp is not going to magically make your problems go away. tune the HU settings... or you could just swing by a local car audio shop and have them tune it up for you.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Head units are not capable of producing good sound quality. You MUST HAVE AN AMP!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif ::end sarcasm::

You need an amp, it's nothing to do with your HU settings.

I disagree. From that HU you're not going to get clear sound at higher volumes without an amp.

until i got my comp set i had my speakers running off the HU
What speakers? Stock?

Of course HUs can produce good sound quality. But on speakers rated at 60rms (or in my case, 90rms) that HU won't drive them with clear sound at high volumes. Stock speakers perform well off the HU because they're built for low wattage, your new ones aren't. Get an amp, and they will sound better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.