Speaker Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

ARD208

Hello,

Recently I was driving down the road and my speakers made almost a popping sound and from that point they are very quiet (Volume at 30 sounds like its at 10), make a clicking sound, and it almost sounds like an alien is mumbling in the background (I kid you not).

I have been reading around different forums and I think it either is a bad ground connection (even though it worked fine for 2 years) or something fried in the amplifier. I know its not the speakers because all four of them produce sound.

Any information would be very helpful,

thank you.

*EDIT* The music seems to be having an echo effect (Alien sound). Some parts of the beat I can here fine, vocals seem echoed.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you check rca's or rca inputs ? what amp is it ?
Yes I checked them. They are fine.

We talking about stock speakers? Aftermarkets? Subwoofers? What amplifiers? etc...we need more information bud.
AMP: JL Audio A4300 Class A/B 4-Channel full-range amplifier

DECK: Pioneer DEH-P30001B

SPEAKERS: Dont know the specifics but 4 Pioneer 6x9s (2 front, 2 back)

No subs, used to have them but took them out because I have no need to bump anymore.

Also the speaks are making a clicking sound and the music seems to be echoed.

Grow up or GTFO. I came here for help, not to be ridiculed.

This happened to all the speakers at the same time or what? Just 1? 2? 3? You have another amp to swap out? It could still be a lot of things, so you'll have to do some testing to narrow it down. I doubt it is but it's possible for it to be your HU so if you can get a different source (mp3 player with a 3.5mm to RCA cable is the easiest) that will eliminate that. Try swapping amps with a known working one to eliminate that...only other thing it could really be is the speakers which may be blown. If only some or one of the speakers is making the noise and you know it's not the amp you could try switching the speakers to see if it's a speaker or the amp's channel that's damaged. If it's all the speakers I'd be it's the amp or HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.