Speaker only playing at high volumes...?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mills561
10+ year member

BURR
I have a set of CDT audio CL-60 components I recently got installed. They are hooked to a small Hifonics amp. For some reason, one of the speakers is only playing at high volumes. From about "0-15" it's not playing at all. "16-30" it cuts in and out. "30-35" it plays without any problems. What gives? Bad wiring? Bad RCAs? Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. It's a strong possibility that there is not enough metal contact. I **** at stripping wires haha. I'll check it out tomorrow in the daylight and hope that solves the problem. Thanks guys

Still having problems. Was messing with the wiring yesterday... re-did the speaker connections to the amp. After the first time the right speaker was still cutting in and out except at high volumes. The woofer was continuously playing, but the tweeter was not producing. Re-did the connections again and then the right speaker was fine but the left was getting no power at all. Does this sound like an amp problem or speaker connection problem?

I am using a 4 channel amp so later today I will try to switch the speakers to a different channel and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.