Please help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay so I'm dropping a set of Alpine Type X mids in my girls ride, and as I hook up the left side the speaker isn't playing, so I figure I did some newb sheit and didn't get the terminal all the way or something but I double checked, everything was good. So I turn the car back on but it's still not playing. So I'm fiddling with the speaker while the radio is still on. I VERY LIGHTLY touch the cone and it starts playing perfectly, take my finger off it, stops playing, turn the volume up so its pretty loud, It's not playing, I then BARELY touch the surround, plays perfect. No distortion, doesn't sound blown, it's crystal clear, actually surprised how much mid bass they put out. But anyways so I put the other mid in the door, works fine. Went to put the funny acting mid in the pass door just for the hell of it, does the same thing, won't play unless I touch it very lightly.

Again like I said, this isn't my first time installing.. I'm very meticulous with my wiring so I know it's not that.

What's going on here? I can make a vid if you want to help explain if I wasn't clear..

Thanks in advance

Jeff

I'm still messing with it and it kind of plays by itself but not for long, also for more info if needed , mids are being powered off the HU which is a OS Pioneer DEH-14. Which has a 45x4 rating. Probably max rating so it's not like these are getting a lot of power..

like it has been said, it could be the coil...or it could be a tinsel lead. If it is a tinsel, you might be able to fix? pull it and look at the wires closely for a bad spot. sounds like you will need new mids though.

Then just replace the Mids then
Yeah I know, just was hoping they would work considering just installing the driver side alone is WAY louder than the stock speakers.

like it has been said, it could be the coil...or it could be a tinsel lead. If it is a tinsel, you might be able to fix? pull it and look at the wires closely for a bad spot. sounds like you will need new mids though.
Okay, well say it is the tinsel, how would I go about fixing it?

If it isn't that and I can't fix it, I guess I'll cut it up and learn how a speaker works lol

seems like you do not have much to lose, and those are some sweet mids, be nice if you could just recone them.
Man these things are really nice, they're so loud considering there's no amping on them. And they have a **** ton of Mideast, almost makes me wish I had them in my truck lol

Women are never kidding...
That's a true story if I've ever heard one...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.