Speaker help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hunter 4456

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a dubble din planet audio head unit and I wired it with heat shrink  spliced how it should be every thing worked great seince april and just today the speakers kept going in and out like skipping almost and then just completely cut out tried turning it off then back on and nothing but when I pull the plug for all the speaker wires on the back of the radio and just set it in there and not plug it in all the way and just move it a little bit I can get some sound out of half the speakers but when I fully plug it in I get no sound 

I have a dubble din planet audio head unit and I wired it with heat shrink  spliced how it should be every thing worked great seince april and just today the speakers kept going in and out like skipping almost and then just completely cut out tried turning it off then back on and nothing but when I pull the plug for all the speaker wires on the back of the radio and just set it in there and not plug it in all the way and just move it a little bit I can get some sound out of half the speakers but when I fully plug it in I get no sound 
put a dmm on the leads coming from the speakers to the back of the h/u. should read 4 ohms, if anything outside of that the speakers are probably blown

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.