Peerless silk dome tweeters, yay/nay

Participant count
  • Participant list
Why not go with a set of Dayton silk dome tweets? They're inexpensive and 4ohm.

Good choice with the RS180's...are you going with the aluminum cone or the paper? My buddy has a set of the paper cone version and they sound fantastic...for build quality and sound quality-to-price ratio it's really hard to beat the Dayton Refs. 

I've always wanted to do a system with purely Dayton speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not go with a set of Dayton silk dome tweets? They're inexpensive and 4ohm.

Good choice with the RS180's...are you going with the aluminum cone or the paper? My buddy has a set of the paper cone version and they sound fantastic...for build quality and sound quality-to-price ratio it's really hard to beat the Dayton Refs. 

I've always wanted to do a system with purely Dayton speakers.
I want to retain the factory tweeter location with little modification so the 1 1/8 size Dayton tweeter won’t work. 

I did get a great deal on the aluminum cone version with the shielded magnet and I hooked them up to an 80prs on my test bench and I’m definitely pleased thus far 

I’m not wanting to totally cheap out on tweeters but don’t want to blow out the budget on them either so I’m havin difficultly deciding. Gots my eyes on deez https://www.parts-express.com/peerless-d26nc05-06-1-silk-dome-tweeter-6-ohm--264-1450 wish they had them in 4 ohm 

matching them with a pair of 4 ohm RS180S
i'd recommend spending slightly more and getting my old reliable. These will sound great and get louder than those peerless and it has proper car mounting kit that can go anywhere easy and painlessly to get you proper on axis response and its also swivel mounts as well for even more perfect imaging. Sometimes you do not want to use the factory location for proper sound quality.

https://www.amazon.com/Massive-Audio-CT2II-Tweeter-Crossovers/dp/B00NBC25UM

those peerless are low power handling, low sensitivity 87db and 6 ohms.... sounds like something i'd use in an array instead. Any sub bigger than an 8 on 500+ watts  would definitely drown them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from