Speaker and Amplifier association

danielcz

GR
Hello to all of you.

I have an 4-channel earthquake amplifier Max Power output: 2000 Watts

RMS Power 4-Ohm Bridged: 2 x 300

RMS Power 2-Ohm Stereo: 4 x 150

RMS Power 4-ohm stereo: 4 x 100

The head unit is a simple Kenwood 4x50watt.

I want to connect 4 speakers and 1 sub-woofer to the amplifier.Which are the ways to do this and what speakers may I buy(watt,ohm)?

*I already have a medium Blaupunkt sub-woofer around 125 watt i suppose.

You could run two pairs of 4 ohm comps, coaxes wired to two channels at 2ohm and use the rear channels to power the sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could run two pairs of 4 ohm comps, coaxes wired to two channels at 2ohm and use the rear channels to power the sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
How many watt will I produce for each speaker,this way?

How many watt will I produce for each speaker,this way?
Well according to the numbers you posted above.

The components/ coax would each recieve 75w rms , and the sub would see 300w rms . If you are worried about overpowering the sub you could always just use one of the rear channels for 100w to the sub depending on what coil configuration it has //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well according to the numbers you posted above.
The components/ coax would each recieve 75w rms , and the sub would see 300w rms . If you are worried about overpowering the sub you could always just use one of the rear channels for 100w to the sub depending on what coil configuration it has //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
So you are saying that the best is to buy 4 speakers of 75 watt/4ohm each one?

What is the affection to the system when the speakers are 4ohm and the wired coaxes are 2ohm?

don't worry about finding speakers rated for exactly 75W.

start by narrowing down your search based on what will actually fit in the locations you have available (diameter and depth), then narrow down your search further based on your budget. from there, try to listen to whatever you can before you buy.

you'll rarely ever see rated power from an amp, and if you do, only for an instant if everything is just right (volume, gain, load, etc.). even speakers rated 50W RMS will be fine on that amp. you do want 4 ohm speakers, but those are quite common anyway.

when you wire two 4 ohm speakers in parallel, they combine for a 2 ohm load. you'll lose your fader control with this method.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.