Speaker Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

b0b0washere
10+ year member

b0b0washere
NH
I plan to run an amp to my speakers cause my head unit does not provide enough power to run the new system's speakers. I am also running an amp to my two boston acoustic 12" subs but have a question.

Do i need an amp wiring kit for each speaker? or do I just use it to connect the head unit to the amp and then use speaker wire?

also will this head unit support my two amps (one is connected to dual sub box and other is connected to four speakers) or do i need to buy some sort of splitter

thanks sorry about the noob questions but I am very new to this

buy one amp kit and a distribution block. So one power wire preferably 0 gauge is running from the battery into the distribution block which will split into 2 4 gauge power wire. you will need more rca cables though.

yes your headunit will support both.

should i get speaker wire to run from my speaker amp to the speakers or just use stock (only 150W max through each speaker)

plyer3: you connect the amp to the speaker by the speaker wires.

bob0washere: you should upgrade your speaker wires to 10 gauge so you dont have to worry about anything. Its always better to upgrade wires to the biggest since you might upgrade your speakers or subs later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.