Speaker amp on subwoofer pre amp outputs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

C4PT41N3NZ0

I'm thinking about purchasing a kicker zx550.3 Amp (1 sub channel, 2 speaker channels), but my head unit (Pioneer DEH 3300-UB) only has one set of pre amp outputs, and it's a subwoofer output. I don't know too much about head units or multi-channel amps, would it be possible to run this speaker/ sub amp using subwoofer pre-amp outputs?

Thanks for reading.

The rca outs on that unit can be either a fading rear channel out or a non- fading sub out. So yes you can use it, you'd need to switch it to the fading rear out option to be full- range I assume. There is an option to switch in some menu on the HU. Just looked it up on Crutchfield to get that info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.