SPDIF Relay... Needed? 04 GMC Yukon Factory Bose, No Onstar

Participant count
  • Participant list

sjedwards1984
10+ year member

I used to have an audio setup before in my yukon. But I sold it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So i took everything out and plugged my Factory Bose CD player back in.

Well now I'm back in to car audio again.

I've got a Pioneer AVH-4000, 15" Kicker CVR, and a Crossfire 500.1 amp going in tomorrow..

When i had my old set up. I had a friend install it and he had installed an SPDIF that came with my wiring harness and GMOSlan device for the door chimes. When unhooking everything when I sold it all that came out too..

Know I have hooked up the AVH-4000 head unit without the SPDIF relay and everything works fine.

My question is.. Can I just wire my new aftermarket amp up the head units remote wire and be fine or is that SPDIF relay needed for something?

Someone told me I dont need the SPDIF relay its only for extra protection but with 500 watts it's not going to blow anything..

Is this true?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.