Soundstream?

https://www.ct-sounds.com/products/amplifiers/at-series/at125-2-amplifier.html
This amp will stomp any soundstream or ppi which are basically twin boards between those companies.

I put this head to head against a ppi phantom 600.2 and this amp absolutely smoked the phantom. Usually costs 229. Get it while its cheap.

Fyi phantom is way better than black ice and runs a lot pricier.

for 100, nothing will beat this amp. Absolutely nothing under 100 will come close half its performance.
I'm about to buy the 200.4. They look like incredible amps. Have you heard or run those series?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm about to buy the 200.4. They look like incredible amps. Have you heard or run those series?
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I personally tested the 125.2 and am using it for my buddy's ride atm lots of midbass off the bat vs the ppi 600.2 it replaced and overall louder/cleaner. At home i bench tested a sundown SD 10 with both the ppi 600.2 and CT 125.2 CT was much louder and got much lower into the teens, the sub was in a sealed box.

So some insight on the midbass, the ppi, you had to raise midbass on the EQ to +3 db for any sort of resemblance of slight thump. The ct 125.2, I had to lower the midbass to -4 db on his EQ and raised high pass to 100 hz at 24 db slope vs the old 63 at -12 db with the ppi. Just to keep the speakers from reaching mechanical Xmax and it was still globs of midbass.

Ppi still not a bad amp, just clearly outclassed and outpriced in this situation. Pretty sure the cheapo class Ds have some kind of limiter that prevents lower frequencies from going through or something. Its weird. Didnt experience that with the alpine class D i tried.

A buddy near me has the 200.4 and he loves it. I'd say it should perform solid just like all the other 200.4 amps other companies put out. Just stay clear of their 4000.1 and bigger mono blocks.

Looks like a great amp for the price. It's an A/B though. Would this one be a whole lot more power hungry than a D with similar specs.? Sending most of my electrons to a HDP 1. Just don't think I'm ready for an alternator swap yet. I know I'll get there though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
its better than a low end class D with MUCH higher specs. Personally tested it. None of the soundstream or ppi amps can even touch it. Its several leagues above them in both actual power output and sound quality. Its basically a 229 dollar amp not a 99 dollar amp, its just on a temporary sale. They are in different leagues vs the cheap class D over inflated bullcr@p.

The amp I put that CT 125.2 up against was this amp. basically the cream of the crop line of PPI and soundstream since they basically copy eachother's boards.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38336_Precision-Power-PPI-P600.2.html

If you go class D, you need to go mid to high end. Cant be messing around with cheap ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally tested the 125.2 and am using it for my buddy's ride atm lots of midbass off the bat vs the ppi 600.2 it replaced and overall louder/cleaner. At home i bench tested a sundown SD 10 with both the ppi 600.2 and CT 125.2 CT was much louder and got much lower into the teens, the sub was in a sealed box.
So some insight on the midbass, the ppi, you had to raise midbass on the EQ to +3 db for any sort of resemblance of slight thump. The ct 125.2, I had to lower the midbass to -4 db on his EQ and raised high pass to 100 hz at 24 db slope vs the old 63 at -12 db with the ppi. Just to keep the speakers from reaching mechanical Xmax and it was still globs of midbass.

Ppi still not a bad amp, just clearly outclassed and outpriced in this situation. Pretty sure the cheapo class Ds have some kind of limiter that prevents lower frequencies from going through or something. Its weird. Didnt experience that with the alpine class D i tried.

A buddy near me has the 200.4 and he loves it. I'd say it should perform solid just like all the other 200.4 amps other companies put out. Just stay clear of their 4000.1 and bigger mono blocks.

its better than a low end class D with MUCH higher specs. Personally tested it. None of the soundstream or ppi amps can even touch it. Its several leagues above them in both actual power output and sound quality. Its basically a 229 dollar amp not a 99 dollar amp, its just on a temporary sale. They are in different leagues vs the cheap class D over inflated bullcr@p.

The amp I put that CT 125.2 up against was this amp. basically the cream of the crop line of PPI and soundstream since they basically copy eachother's boards.

Precision Power PPI P600.2 Phantom 2-Channel Car Amplifier

If you go class D, you need to go mid to high end. Cant be messing around with cheap ones.
Just ordered it. Free shipping too. What do you think of this one for my subs?:

Alpine[/url

$249.99

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.