Soundstream Tarantula Series

You're going to get between 1500-1600wrms from that amp... I got one! They're very good amps and put some good power for their price! But you're not going to get near 2000rms.

You're going to get between 1500-1600wrms from that amp... I got one! They're very good amps and put some good power for their price! But you're not going to get near 2000rms.
oh ok what do you run yours at 1ohm??

has anyone ever ran one at .5 ohm?

1ohm for me... i've never tried 0.5ohms but unless you know what you're doing i wouldn't recommend you to try it.

1ohm for me... i've never tried 0.5ohms but unless you know what you're doing i wouldn't recommend you to try it.
ok thanks

so do you think i should just sell this amp and get another amp that is 2 ohm stable b/c that is what i need??

What are you trying to run sub wise?
I believe that amp is 1500rms at 2-ohm, but not sure what you are running.

I might be thinking of a different model as well.
well i messed up at first i did not look at the ohms when i ordered the amp

that is why i am selling or tradeing the amp

ok the subs are soundstream t5 15's they only make them in 2ohm

and as for the amp it is a trx2000d and it does 2000 rms at 1ohm and 1400 at 2 ohms

and you know you can not wire 2 dual 2 ohm subs down to 1 ohm so i would have to run them at 2ohm or get another amplifier

so...$370 shipped or trade for a 2 ohm stable amp equal value

I've been a bit cautious with Soundstream as far as my opinion. A friend of mine did a system with the Tarantula's several years back (about 5 or 6 years I think so I'm sure things are different) but he had several of the amps switch power types. It went from AC to DC and ended up catching his components on fire.. which was interesting to see fire within a door panel to say the least. So the power converter malfunctioned, we had that problem once or twice more, but I think it was fixed after a few months of talking with them, but ever since then I've been a bit cautious.

I've been a bit cautious with Soundstream as far as my opinion. A friend of mine did a system with the Tarantula's several years back (about 5 or 6 years I think so I'm sure things are different) but he had several of the amps switch power types. It went from AC to DC and ended up catching his components on fire.. which was interesting to see fire within a door panel to say the least. So the power converter malfunctioned, we had that problem once or twice more, but I think it was fixed after a few months of talking with them, but ever since then I've been a bit cautious.
ok thanks i will use caution

Who's the guy on here that's running like 10 Picasso PCA-2000D's and he's getting like 1500-1600wRMS each and is hitting 160's?

Well the Tarantula's have a better 3:1 power supply and use better parts, and from what I've seen hit their numbers, the Picasso's are a tad underrated but nice otherwise. I've used the PCA1000D and like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.