Soundstream Amps Question

The order goes like this ( with sound quality at their power ratings)

Rubicon

D-tower -Tarantula

Picasso

The reference is in its own class but the monoblack amps for that series aren't even out yet.

Rubicons are your best bet because they are cheaper than the tarantula and they have a higher sq. SS is phasing out the tarantula series at the end of the year.

Tarantula is staying. They have to keep it. Picasso is going bye bye.

Incorrect my kind sir, from top to bottom

Human Reign

Reference

D Tower

Stealth

Tarantula

Rubicon

Picasso

Just think of it like this.... If you purchase a new Soundstream, you are purchasing yet another Epsilon Electronics, Inc. amplifier. You know, the same guys who brought you quality products like Power Acoustik, Kole Audio, SPL Audio, and now PPI. I wish you lots of luck with your Soundstream purchase.
Hater, and I will agree they are similar to PPI, but since when is that a bad thing?

Tarantula is staying. They have to keep it. Picasso is going bye bye.
Incorrect my kind sir, from top to bottom

Human Reign

Reference

D Tower

Stealth

Tarantula

Rubicon

Picasso
wheres the XXX line?

Hater, and I will agree they are similar to PPI, but since when is that a bad thing?
Call me what you will! Regardless, I don't see what all the fuss is about over a blue Power Acoustik circuit board with the name Soundstream stamped on it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Call me what you will! Regardless, I don't see what all the fuss is about over a blue Power Acoustik circuit board with the name Soundstream stamped on it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
the reference line?

You are mistaken........search for the writeup and explanation from the soundstream rep.

The 'New" reference line is being made to the same specs as the "original" reference amps. FYI.....the original reference amps were bullet proof and one of the best amps ever made //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You are mistaken........search for the writeup and explanation from the soundstream rep.
The 'New" reference line is being made to the same specs as the "original" reference amps. FYI.....the original reference amps were bullet proof and one of the best amps ever made //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Actually, I hope they improved them over the old Reference line which earned Soundstream the nickname of "Smokestream". Regardless, I will believe this so called quality product produced by an Epsilon Electronics, Inc. held company when I see it. Until then, it is all hype and BS to me!

I have used the Rubicon and the Tarantula amps and they have been great.....also I know people that have used the Reference amps and love them....as soon as the Mono blocks come out I am going to try them...

Actually, I hope they improved them over the old Reference line which earned Soundstream the nickname of "Smokestream". Regardless, I will believe this so called quality product produced by an Epsilon Electronics, Inc. held company when I see it. Until then, it is all hype and BS to me!

The " S" and "SX" references were hit or miss...hence smokestream (yea, soundstream got a little greedy). NOT the original first reference series which is what the new reference amps are supposed to be like.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403408&goto=newpost

The " S" and "SX" references were hit or miss...hence smokestream (yea, soundstream got a little greedy). NOT the original first reference series which is what the new reference amps are supposed to be like.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403408&goto=newpost
The original Reference series were Smokestreams too due to idiots trying to squeeze blood from turnips with the switches. They did stupid things like trying to keep it in high voltage mode at low impedance.

I won't comment on what Soundstream management and bean counters did with the S and SX series but I will say that what they did was just flat out WRONG!

ETA: I was wrong earlier.... It appears that certain Power Acoustik models have blue ciruit boards too:

inside1.jpg

Stamp Soundstream on it and call it a day!

The order goes like this ( with sound quality at their power ratings)

Rubicon

D-tower -Tarantula

Picasso

The reference is in its own class but the monoblack amps for that series aren't even out yet.

Rubicons are your best bet because they are cheaper than the tarantula and they have a higher sq. SS is phasing out the tarantula series at the end of the year.
what about the XTA series....

The original Reference series were Smokestreams too due to idiots trying to squeeze blood from turnips with the switches. They did stupid things like trying to keep it in high voltage mode at low impedance.
I won't comment on what Soundstream management and bean counters did with the S and SX series but I will say that what they did was just flat out WRONG!

ETA: I was wrong earlier.... It appears that certain Power Acoustik models have blue ciruit boards too:

inside1.jpg

Stamp Soundstream on it and call it a day!
only some of the s and sx lines were bad and that was pretty much instantaneous. So if it powers on and stays on, then you got a good amp.

Didn't early rubicon models were made in Korea but they put a Made in USA sticker on it? lol

what about the XTA series....
i think that has already been phased out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.