Soundstorm EV5000D REVIEW!!!

i dont beleive this period. the board to ME looks like 1200rms mmax period not a watt more. this amp in no way is putting out 2000+ peiod. the guts dont even compare to my shitty dsc4125. also you benched your amp in your ride at the same time bro?
if that dsc4125 is so shitty sell it to me ill take it

How many of that same part are they using? Are you sure thats a power supply fet? the part number makes me think it is maybe used in the output section . That and power supply fets in these larger class d's are usually rated for a lot more than 31 amps a piece. I would think this amp would have irf3205 or irfz44 in the power supply.

Upon further inspection it looks like this amp has 16 power supply fets and only 12 output fets. What side of the amp did you get the part number for that fet from? The side closest to the two small inductors with the fan between them? I'm guessing thats where based on the part number you gave. Try gettng us a part number from the fets closest to the two large transformers.

sorry i cant get those fets, the numbers are facing downwards and they have that thermo crap all over them so i dont wana pry it up and risk breaking something, plus its already put back together in my car...

I just hooked it up to my friends 4 powerbass 15's wired to 1 ohm, they hit good and i didnt tell him anything about the amp then when we un hooked it i gave him the details and he said he was surprised at the quality. He also said it compared equally to what he previously had on there which was a 2000 rms soundstream(his other amp blew), this was by ear of course, but it pushed them for a good while and never went into protect along with not getting too hot either. So for the most part im happy with it regardless if i did the math right, but i do believe i messed up on my 1 ohm calculation, its in my kia hitting around 500rms at 12v as of now.

that 5000 is max rating, so they likely claim 2500rms at 1ohm...and there is no way that amp is within a 100 or so rms of its rating. Your happy, so thats all that matters. But honestly, id think that thing is more likely in the 1k-1.5k range, and more likely around 1k. If these amps were that good, SSL, and not AP or Hifonics would be the budget boner amp of choice....Nonetheless, im glad you are happy with your purchase as that is all that matters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.