Soundstorm EV5000D REVIEW!!!

Burton6431
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well i got her in the mail today, the dam thing is big an heavy lol, im using it in my budget build and it actually looks rather decent for the $190 i spent on it, thats brand new in the box by the way. Well i took it apart and took some pics for you guys so here they are.

The pics of the box and amp:

2010-06-09101532.jpg

2010-06-09101523.jpg

2010-06-09101542.jpg

2010-06-09101551.jpg

It came with a booklet, strapping cable, screws for mounts, allens, and the bass boost knob. Now for pics of the guts!!! (sorry for bad quality lol)

2010-06-09102130.jpg

CameraZOOM-20100609102208.jpg

Now for the actual review part lol, ok well inside i know what you guys are thinking, it only has 2 of the goofy coil things instead of the usual 4, well i have one thing to say... THEY ARE BEEFY, those two have much more wire than alot of the "name brand" amps ive seen, and the wire is connected to the board in more areas than them too. It has a small fan in the middle of the 2 smaller coils, i guess thats good?It has the usual 4 large capacitors, and what looks to me as a decent amount of FETS. My main disapointment was the 4 guage terminals //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but hey its ok, the leads to the inside are actually very thick and stout instead of the usual skinny bar of metal, the 8 guage outputs for the speaker are a lil tiny for my liking but hey itll work. The RCAs are nice and the amp has every option I'LL ever need, from the inside this amp looks reliable and a solid performer which is an A+, From the outside this amp also looks GREAT, no crazy ugly designs just a simple good lookin amp with everything i could ask for. A good thing about this amp is that its externally fused i swapped my 120a for the 175a that came with it, this is a + cus im pretty sure i could go a lil higher in the fuse and gain some watts. This amp seems to sip on power, my lights arent dimming even on the hardest hits whis is also a +, I have KNU's 4 guage running to the amp along with there RCAs, I have Scoche 8 guage from amp to sub. One thing though is this amp is supposably has 18db bass boost but when i get the knob about 2/3 the way up its about as high as it goes and no change from 2/3's and higher, but thats fine. My subs wired to 4 ohms so thats what im running my sub is supposed to be rated at 600wrms and if so this amp is doing atleast 600wrms cus im over excurging it, bottoming out, and just noticably over powering it. Alot of people say these cheap amps are "dirty" power but to be honest this thing sounds VERY CLEAN, its loud and sounds very quality sounding, its full and rich sound produced throughout each note from highs to lows and is very crisp to the ear. Like ive said ive had this thing only at 4 ohms for now but ill def run it through a bunch of stuff for you guys. My only list of bad things is this amp has 4 guage terminals, and it runs pretty hot a lil hotter than i like but oh well, i played it hard for a good hour straight, right outta the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But i do plan on getting this thing benched and some numbers up for you guys also.

OVERALL: This was a GOOD buy, its powerful and performance on a budget, so $190 well spent, to be honest i was impressed with it lol i expected worse, maybe ill get a video up tomorrow, well see lol, AN YES I BOUGHT THIS KNOWING IT WASNT GOING TO DO CLOSE TO RATED SO DONT TRY TO GET ON HERE AND TELL ME HOW I WASTED MY MONEY, also any questions just ask, thanks.

considering the ap1800 is in the same price range i dont see this being a good deal at all period //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

considering the ap1800 is in the same price range i dont see this being a good deal at all period
To be honest i wouldnt be surprised if this put down almost the same power as that, also your right, but the thing i had to get away from was the fact that the ap is 30" long which i dont have room for so i had to go with something else. This thing is a lil over my size limit but going that big was just not an exception i could make, if you go under my build thread you will see what i mean, my box takes up 3/4 usable room and i have this amp side ways. But thanks.

Ok i benched the amp to see what it puts out, all wattages are rms and the amp was at 13.5v since my car idles around that.

4 ohm - 620w

2 ohm - 1216w

1 ohm - 2327w

and yes these are real rms readings done with the proper equipment and test tones, so dont hate your opinion is your opinion.

Ok i benched the amp to see what it puts out, all wattages are rms and the amp was at 13.5v since my car idles around that.
4 ohm - 620w

2 ohm - 1216w

1 ohm - 2327w

and yes these are real rms readings done with the proper equipment and test tones, so dont hate your opinion is your opinion.

i dont beleive this period. the board to ME looks like 1200rms mmax period not a watt more. this amp in no way is putting out 2000+ peiod. the guts dont even compare to my shitty dsc4125. also you benched your amp in your ride at the same time bro?

Ya i plan on running the BIG 3 and adding a second battery to try and get the volts up, id like to shoot for a solid 14.5v and then ill retest it to see what gains ive made.

Ya i plan on running the BIG 3 and adding a second battery to try and get the volts up, id like to shoot for a solid 14.5v and then ill retest it to see what gains ive made.
what gains youve made? even your so called "bench test" is wrong. youre not getting 2300+ @1ohm out of this amp. PERIOD dude act your rank

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.