Sounds good, but sounds too good to be true

So I just bought another 4ohm to match my other 4ohm subwoofer. Since it’s been installed the bass sounds too low. I don’t want it extremely loud where the NSA can hear me without taping into my stuff but I want it at a moderate level. I put the gain in the middle to high setting and it just doesn’t Sound as Loud for 2 subs I mean come on. Kenwood and alpine should slam. So, I adjusted the bass boost to the middle as well with the gain and it sounds amazing. More thump and can feel the music. Okay finally spent $700 Doing everything all should go well. Right? Well, I read online about bass boost clipping and can hurt the sub. Now before all this I had 2 12’s and a 10 in my old Jeep. Had the bass boost all the way up and gain all the way up on an after market radio. No problem for 2 years believe it or not. But I got a new car and am spending months to try and make. It sound right. So as of now I have 2 subs. With a stock radio as the amp is hooked. Up to it. And let me tell you stock stuff is crap. The EQ is limited. The bass goes down as you put the volume up to protect the speakers. (this is when my gain was half way and the B.B. was off) but now the B.B. is matching the gain as in the middle. Is this safe? With a stock radio? I understand it’s bad with an after market radio but would it be appropriate to use the bass boost in my case? Sorry I’m trying to make this clear enoUgh for people to understand.

You don't understand what the gain does. (it matches the amplifier to the head unit to increase sound). You should not be changing your gain because you change speakers, nor does it have anything to do with bass boost. It is..... "the sound boost to your amplifier based on your head unit".

Sounds like you have two different subs wired together. I AM NOT TRYING to be rude, but I really don't think English is your first language, yet I see your location says Illinois. We are not interpreters, please try harder to write in English so we are ABLE to help you.

You either need to write in detail about your setup; This means: what type of subs and amp you have, (and include there ratings and model numbers), along with how you have it wired... Or you should probably just take it to a professional installer, and have them fix it.

(OP, you may think I am being rude, but I think EVERYONE else will know that I am trying to be as helpful as I can).

You don't understand what the gain does. (it matches the amplifier to the head unit to increase sound). You should not be changing your gain because you change speakers, nor does it have anything to do with bass boost. It is..... "the sound boost to your amplifier based on your head unit".
Sounds like you have two different subs wired together. I AM NOT TRYING to be rude, but I really don't think English is your first language, yet I see your location says Illinois. We are not interpreters, please try harder to write in English so we are ABLE to help you.

You either need to write in detail about your setup; This means: what type of subs and amp you have, (and include there ratings and model numbers), along with how you have it wired... Or you should probably just take it to a professional installer, and have them fix it.

(OP, you may think I am being rude, but I think EVERYONE else will know that I am trying to be as helpful as I can).
Nope yoir being a d1ck
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Says the person who doesn't make any effort to help.. Or did I offend you? I notice you don't know spell well either.. its "you're".
You offended the t.i.p of my d1ck.
Thank you for the correction buddy, you still got long ways to hurt my furlings.

Welcome to CA.com bruh, you a b1tch then leave

Not offended huh?? HA! Wow, sounds like you need to get back to cryin' about something. CLEARLY, you have some giant chip on your shoulder. Why are you even in this 101 section if you're not going to try to help anyone?

P.S. Grow up. This is not your forum. You're not a mod here, and you're not doing a dam thing to help anyone.

Not offended huh?? HA! Wow, sounds like you need to get back to cryin' about something. CLEARLY, you have some giant chip on your shoulder. Why are you even in this 101 section if you're not going to try to help anyone?
P.S. Grow up. This is not your forum. You're not a mod here, and you're not doing a dam thing to help anyone.
You helping my ego grow douche bag.
My furlings hurt so bad i got a torn assh0le.

Come at me bruh

So I just bought another 4ohm to match my other 4ohm subwoofer. Since it’s been installed the bass sounds too low. I don’t want it extremely loud where the NSA can hear me without taping into my stuff but I want it at a moderate level. I put the gain in the middle to high setting and it just doesn’t Sound as Loud for 2 subs I mean come on. Kenwood and alpine should slam. So, I adjusted the bass boost to the middle as well with the gain and it sounds amazing. More thump and can feel the music. Okay finally spent $700 Doing everything all should go well. Right? Well, I read online about bass boost clipping and can hurt the sub. Now before all this I had 2 12’s and a 10 in my old Jeep. Had the bass boost all the way up and gain all the way up on an after market radio. No problem for 2 years believe it or not. But I got a new car and am spending months to try and make. It sound right. So as of now I have 2 subs. With a stock radio as the amp is hooked. Up to it. And let me tell you stock stuff is crap. The EQ is limited. The bass goes down as you put the volume up to protect the speakers. (this is when my gain was half way and the B.B. was off) but now the B.B. is matching the gain as in the middle. Is this safe? With a stock radio? I understand it’s bad with an after market radio but would it be appropriate to use the bass boost in my case? Sorry I’m trying to make this clear enoUgh for people to understand.
Wait, are you running two different subs? One Alpine and one Kenwood??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.