Soundqubed Q1-1200.2 Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys! I'm gonna start this my telling you everything I have.

Pioneer 6700bt headunit

American Bass Xfl 12 in a custom 2 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

Soundqubed Q1-1200.2

Knuconcepts 4 gauge power and ground. 12 gauge speaker wire and Krystal RCA cables.

Second skin audio damplifier pro in the trunk.

So I just received my soundqubed 1200 this morning. I set my gain with a DMM. I followed these steps, How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

Anyway, when following these steps the sub barely seems like its on. I can barely and I mean barely hear it over my stock door speakers. I'm not sure what the problem is. I have to turn up the subwoofer control function on the headunit in order for it to be loud at all, but I don't want to do that since I set the gain with a DMM in order to keep it from clipping. Is the DMM not very accurate? Did I just get a bad amp? I fail to see how a 1200 rms amp would not be able to push an xfl. When setting the controls on the headunit higher and set the gain a bit higher the amp puts out some serious power but I'm afraid it is clipping. Any suggestions? I have emailed soundqubed but I dont think they will get back to me until monday. Am I just being paranoid and it's okay to turn up the headunit controls? I just can't wrap my head around the fact that everything on the headunit is set to be equal, the amp gain is about 70% turned up and the amp barely pushes the sub at all.

Hey guys! I'm gonna start this my telling you everything I have.Pioneer 6700bt headunit

American Bass Xfl 12 in a custom 2 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

Soundqubed Q1-1200.2

Knuconcepts 4 gauge power and ground. 12 gauge speaker wire and Krystal RCA cables.

Second skin audio damplifier pro in the trunk.

So I just received my soundqubed 1200 this morning. I set my gain with a DMM. I followed these steps, How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

Anyway, when following these steps the sub barely seems like its on. I can barely and I mean barely hear it over my stock door speakers. I'm not sure what the problem is. I have to turn up the subwoofer control function on the headunit in order for it to be loud at all, but I don't want to do that since I set the gain with a DMM in order to keep it from clipping. Is the DMM not very accurate? Did I just get a bad amp? I fail to see how a 1200 rms amp would not be able to push an xfl. When setting the controls on the headunit higher and set the gain a bit higher the amp puts out some serious power but I'm afraid it is clipping. Any suggestions? I have emailed soundqubed but I dont think they will get back to me until monday. Am I just being paranoid and it's okay to turn up the headunit controls? I just can't wrap my head around the fact that everything on the headunit is set to be equal, the amp gain is about 70% turned up and the amp barely pushes the sub at all.
Check your filter settings maybe? Not sure

Turn the sub control up. Keep bass boost off the deck is a 4 or 2 volt pre out nate ? Also check sub phase
Sub control wont cause clipping then? The deck is 2 volt I just put it in a few days ago after my Pioneer 8500bs gave out. It was 4 volt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Also I know this is probably a dumb question, but what is sub phase?

Sub control wont cause clipping then? The deck is 2 volt I just put it in a few days ago after my Pioneer 8500bs gave out. It was 4 volt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Also I know this is probably a dumb question, but what is sub phase?
Make sure the sub is wired correctly. Also a 2 volt deck. You'll need to turn things up a bit

Make sure the sub is wired correctly. Also a 2 volt deck. You'll need to turn things up a bit
The sub is wired correctly, and yeah I wish my other one didn't give out, but would it really make this much of a difference? So setting the sub control higher won't hurt anything?

The sub is wired correctly, and yeah I wish my other one didn't give out, but would it really make this much of a difference? So setting the sub control higher won't hurt anything?
No it won't. But you'll need to recheck with the dmm when done

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.