Soundigital --- worst customer service ever.

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I really didn't want it to come to this, but I think it's time to put this out as a warning about Soundigital and Droppin Hz store.

Bought a Soundigital 12K back in July from Droppin Hz. Cody seemed like a knowledgeable dude on the phone and cut me a great deal on the factory refurbished amp. He assured me that Soundigital had some of the best customer service in the business. That's about where the good times ended.

Installed the amp and from burp 1 it would cut out when pushed. Made good numbers, but always would just shut down. I contacted Soundigital USA to try to get some troubleshooting help (Cody at Droppin Hz replied never or extremely late any time I tried to contact him). While trying to figure out what "code" the protect circuit was popping I discovered that the amp was just powering down and not actually going into protect. (Supposedly the original issue was a bad connection internally with the remote turnon terminal)

It was September before I got RMA paperwork and instructions then mid December before the amp was returned to me from warranty service. This past weekend I finally got a chance to try to test it out and it powered up straight into protect. I contacted Soundigital USA about this Monday and still no reply. I'm not even going to bother trying Droppin Hz as he was completely useless helping me out after he had my money.

Anyway, do business with either of these companies at your own risk. To recap. I received a non functioning amp and it took 4 months from me first bringing up the issue to me having the amp back in my hands and it still does not work.

If anybody knows of a competent shop that will work on those amps please let me know as I would like to get it up and running, test it, then either use it in a build or sell it.

Far from the first issue I have heard of out Cody sadly.

For full bridge amp repair

Last edited:
I've seen him basically say he doesn't care about his customers on Facebook he blamed his shitty customer service on being too busy and then **** on a bunch of people that said he fucked them

Yep. Always the excuse. "i HaVe 200 eMaIlS i HaVe AhEaD oF yOu"

Guess you better step up your game then or hire help.. :cautious:

Damn that sucks. They've been around for a while and always thought they were legit. Unfortunately for them, word travels fast.

What's his email address? Let's flood the fucker!

I've seen him basically say he doesn't care about his customers on Facebook he blamed his shitty customer service on being too busy and then **** on a bunch of people that said he fucked them
I do believe he means well but is genuinely in over his head with more work than he can keep up with. Still though, this isn't meant to be a personal attack, just a warning not to expect any sort of service after the sale.
Damn that sucks. They've been around for a while and always thought they were legit. Unfortunately for them, word travels fast.
The amp seems legit and Meade showed it making rated power with ease on the dyno. My issue is just the customer service when something goes wrong. I really wanted to like this amp so I could run something different but 6 months later it still isn't working.

Does anybody know of a competent shop that will work on these?

He got a attitude with me because

Too many places over promise and under deliver due to lack of resources, poor customer service and training. Compound that with my favorite one liners I've heard consistently over the years. "Not my Problem" and "Not my Job"

I'm not saying these folks fall into these categories but based on the experience of the OP, its enough for me to avoid a business like this especially when the current economy demands solid performance.

Bump. Still never heard back from anybody so I brought this amp up to Amp Lab for them to try to get sorted out. I figured if that monkey in Florida couldn't fix it the first two times why throw good money after bad shipping it down there again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.