Sound stage in 2 door ext can truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoogerMan

CarAudio.com Elite
AZ
Hey guys,

As most know, I'm re doing my blow through in my truck.

I'm going to order the equipment soon and need some advice as to what would sound best.

Should I run a 10" speaker and super tweeter on each front door and then a 10" speaker and super tweeter on each back door.

Or should I do 2 8" speakers on each front door along with super tweeters and nothing in the back?

Thanks!

unless you have a wideband tweeter or a 3 inch speaker somewhere id go with the 8s, as much as i love 10s. reason is you generally get a good amount of drop off above 1khz the larger the midrange you go, especially without eq'ing

i assume you're going to be glassing the doors?

Thanks for the input man.

Yeah I'll be glassing the front doors for sure.

Would you run speakers in the rear or keep everything up front?

if you can fit both 8s in the front with the tweeters id definitely recommend it. i know you're not after the best SQ and rather loudness but you'll have the best sound if you do it with everything in the front

if you can fit both 8s in the front with the tweeters id definitely recommend it. i know you're not after the best SQ and rather loudness but you'll have the best sound if you do it with everything in the front
Good deal I'll see what I can cram into the front haha. Thanks man!

what 8 are you looking at the will run up to a tweeter or what tweeter did you find that will run low enough to meet an 8 or a 10? Like somebody said, you are going to have a whole in your response. Also, if you have that much going in your front doors, I wouldn't worry about rears at all.

I'm running all crossfire so I'll be using the xs-m loud speakers.

I think I'm going to put a pair of 10" in the back, an 8" and a 6.5" on each front door, then 2 super tweeters on each front door.

The 10s and 8s will be ran by the C5 800.4 then the 6.5s and super tweets will be ran by the C5 400.4.

you can "fix" the problems associated with running those in the rear with a little TA and EQ from a dsp
Perfect thanks! I snagged the Pioneer DEH-PRS80 so that should hopefully be good enough sq for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I met a guy at our bass meet tonight that has one in his 4 runner so he is going to help me get it set right. He runs a single 18" zv4 in a c pillar wall that can be tuned to 18, 24, and 32hz. He had it at 18 tonight and played some 15hz songs. It was awesome haha. He does 141.5 at 20hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The deck should be here today. I love 2 day delivery!

I'm running all crossfire so I'll be using the xs-m loud speakers.
I think I'm going to put a pair of 10" in the back, an 8" and a 6.5" on each front door, then 2 super tweeters on each front door.

The 10s and 8s will be ran by the C5 800.4 then the 6.5s and super tweets will be ran by the C5 400.4.
Just do all same size speakers as possible and do a big 2 channel amp to power them all. It will work out a lot better crossover and time alignment wise.

Then have another 2 channel for the tweets. Crossed over using 80 prs crossover functions and time align properly and it should sound good. What you are planning needs a 4 way active head unit

Just do all same size speakers as possible and do a big 2 channel amp to power them all. It will work out a lot better crossover and time alignment wise.
Then have another 2 channel for the tweets. Crossed over using 80 prs crossover functions and time align properly and it should sound good. What you are planning needs a 4 way active head unit
Thanks Jeff I appreciate you chiming in.

I think I'll run 8 8" ms loudspeakers (125w rms) and 4 super tweets (I think about 75w rms)

Crossfire doesn't have very big 2 channel amps so how does this sound?

2 8s on each door front and back. Then one tweet on each front door and one in each A pillar.

I'll power the 8s with the Crossfire XS-SQ4 which does 300w x 4 at 2 ohm. So 2 8s per channel getting 150w each.

Then should I go with the Crossfire C5 500.2 or the C5 400.4 for the 4 tweeters?

Thanks Jeff I appreciate you chiming in.
I think I'll run 8 8" ms loudspeakers (125w rms) and 4 super tweets (I think about 75w rms)

Crossfire doesn't have very big 2 channel amps so how does this sound?

2 8s on each door front and back. Then one tweet on each front door and one in each A pillar.

I'll power the 8s with the Crossfire XS-SQ4 which does 300w x 4 at 2 ohm. So 2 8s per channel getting 150w each.

Then should I go with the Crossfire C5 500.2 or the C5 400.4 for the 4 tweeters?
Do you have to run all crossfire?

Email and ask if they can do a special order of a big 2 channel prototype for you.
Okay will do. If they can't I'll just stick with the normal 4 channels. I'm sure it will sound good enough to me lol

Thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.