sound quit working

Participant count
  • Participant list

ruffriderATL
10+ year member

ga
I have a JVC head unit, everything was working fine until today i was going down the highway and the sound quit working. everything else, lights ect. are fine on the head unit. pulled head unit and all wires and connections are fine just no sound. no sound threw rca's to my amp and subs either

this head unit is 3 days old. anything to check before i take it back.

fuses, loose wires you didnt catch, mute wire grounding out, two or more wires touching each other. etc, etc it goes on an on.

Just out of curiousity how much did you pay for that one?

Holy **** dude u should of not even bought that Hu doesn't suprise me that Hu is like that after 3 days but i guess u do what u can with what u got but check fuses , all connections , make sure your ground wire is right , check speaker wires if can get to em wierd i know some cars are like that my friends right mid went out on him and he made his whole system not work fixed the wire worked fine.....one of the wierdest situation's i ever seen.

Holy **** dude u should of not even bought that Hu doesn't suprise me that Hu is like that after 3 days but i guess u do what u can with what u got but check fuses , all connections , make sure your ground wire is right , check speaker wires if can get to em wierd i know some cars are like that my friends right mid went out on him and he made his whole system not work fixed the wire worked fine.....one of the wierdest situation's i ever seen.
wow i think that is what i said. any new ideas?

and dude it is very possible that it is just a horrible HU and has no bisness being in an automobile. Let's hope otherwise

Okay i totally swapped out the head unit with another quality one and no sound either. it's somethig in the truck.

the truck is a 95 gmc suburban, checked all the fuses, everything good. wires look good. i dont see any reason why this shouldnt be working

i'll check the ground again, but im pretty sure it's good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.