Sound Projection

chulowithakhulo
10+ year member

I AM CURRENTLY USING A KENWOOD FACE WITH 4 KENWOOD 3 WAY SPEAKERS INSIDE BEIGN PUSHED BY KENWOOD 600 4 CHANNEL AMP PLUS EQ AND 2 12 ROCKFORD SUBS 1000 WATTS PEAK AND 500 RMS PUSHED BY PUNCH 800.2. THIS COMBO KICKS ASS BEAUTIFUL CRYSTAL QUALITY SOUND . THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE SOUND DOESNT TRAVEL FAR. ITS HELL OF LOUD IN THE CAR YOU WILL GO DEAF AND THE CLEARITY AND BALNCE OF HIGH ADN LOWS AND MID FREQUNCIES CANNOT BE BEAT BUT IT DOEANT TRAVEL DISTANCE. HWO CAN I MAKE THE SOUND TRAVEL THE EXTRA DISTANCE>?

Roll your windows down:D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

Other than that, get some new speakers that are meant for SPL and have a big peak power # and give them lots of power.

you could make a different box cause that were you'll see the biggest change. For highs you can get or make some horns for more output being they can run in the 101-115dB/watt range BUT they are said to be hard to tune

Originally posted by chulowithakhulo . THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE SOUND DOESNT TRAVEL FAR.
And i ask, why is that a problem? are you compensating for something?

ITS HELL OF LOUD IN THE CAR YOU WILL GO DEAF AND THE CLEARITY AND BALNCE OF HIGH ADN LOWS AND MID FREQUNCIES CANNOT BE BEAT
again, i dont see whats wrong?

if its loud clear and well balalnced inside the car, waht the heck does it amtter what it sounds like outside the car???

isnt it YOUR stereo, not the person 8 block's away?

A car stereo is meant to be heard by YOU not someone down teh street.....

Thank you "Wonderbread" for saying what most of us are thinking....NO ONE cares about your stereo....the owner of the system should be the one who hears it. If you like your stereo loud thats fine, but don't make other people listen to it when they don't want to.....people who want their stereo heard by everyone in a 2 block radius are the reason for noise ordinances....therefore screwing it up for all of us responsible car audio fanatics. So roll your windows UP and listen responsibly !!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif :p

*bows* tahnks man...

i have no problem with peopel playing loud... i just dont understand why people buy stuff to be heard....

i just liek to lsiten to loud music, good thumps, and clean sounds...

BUT i do this in a car that even with the windows rolled down, the sound doesnt carry more than 20 feet or so....

The box makes a huge difference. Im not familiar with your type of subs too much but you probably have them in a sealed box like i do which has more volume inside the car. If your subs work well with a ported or vented box you may want to switch to one of those for sound outside the car but you will sacrifice a tiny bit of the good tight bass you have inside the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.