Sound Processpr to Use With Exisiting Stock Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

LaidD3athl0rd
10+ year member

Hi there,

I have a question that I urgently need help with, i am soon to be getting a new car that comes with an irreplaceable head unit as it controls multiple things in the car. As i don't want to install another custom head unit underneath the stock one can i use an audio processor instead?

As a last option i will use a secondary custom head unit but i would rather use the stock one as it has steering wheel controls and all the rest of the "hoo ahh".

The car is a 2005 Ford BA XR6.

I have been looking at a Clarion EQS746 Sound Processor/ Equalizer, which has all the necessary inputs and outputs to control a sub, front and rear amplifier that will then head off to my speakers.

I don't think i am out of my league as i have done many installations and know my way around a car electrically but i haven't had any experience with Sound Processor Units.

Will this be the solution to having a wicked sound system yet still be able to use my flush stock head unit?

Cheers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.