Sound only coming from one side, speaker not blown

Participant count
  • Participant list

K2corc

Hi there

I'm having a problem with the sound system in my car. The previous owner put in an after market deck and I've noticed lately that the sound only comes out of the right side speaker. I check the wires at the back of the deck and didn't see anything obviously wrong, however I'm not really sure what I am looking for. I know the speaker is connected somewhat and not blown because if I turn the balance all the way to the left I can faintly hear the sound. When I turn the volume way up then it sounds fine, not scratchy or staticy.

Any suggestions on where to start looking for an issue?

What kind of deck is it? Double din or single? What brand?

Most pioneers have zone control so just to rule this out i need your deck model.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Also - do you know if the speakers are connected directly to the deck or is there an amplifier somewhere between the deck and the speakers?

In my personal experience most speaker connection issues seem to happen at the speaker terminals themselves (inside the door) or the wire gets pinched somewhere between the speaker and the head unit or amp outputs.

Since you have already accessed the back of the radio - try swapping left and right speaker connections and see if the problem swaps or stays where it was. This will help isolate the problem.

The deck is a Blaukpunkt Brisbane SD48. It is a single din. I do not believe there is an amp connected, however I attached 2 photos of devices behind the deck that had some wiring. Not sure if these are for the car or the audio. Tried to switch the two connections shown in the first picture, however they can only go in how they are now. Unless there is another way to swap? No luck so far but thanks for the help guys!

Back of the deck, not sure if something should be plugged into that top slot? This is how it came and was working when I got the car.

This is just showing some of the connections, don't know if it will help or not.

Here is where the deck and the car connect

Then the following are the two devices, not sure if they are amps.

What type and year car is this in? How long have you had it? How long did the audio system work for you

What was the last thing that happened right before the left side stopped working properly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.