multi batt. alt. amp wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeepguylv

CarAudio.com Elite
I am about to start my install and would like to go over the wiring with you guys to get this installed correctly with what I have, I know it may not be ideal but I need to make this work and will be changing things out later as I come up with more cash( such as alt. , new terminals, adding wire ect.) but for now I need to hammer this out so I can get going on running the wire.

thanks

all opinions and knowledge will be greatly appreciated

he is a diagram of what I have and will be installing.

as far as speakers I will be installing 2 sets of sq supertweeters, 2 sets of sq pro audio 6.5" mids and 2 sq HDC4 18's

batteries : 5 agm group 31 93 ah batt.

alt. 1 200 amp and 1 250 amp ( I know they are miss matched but I already had one and did not have the cash to buy 2 new ones at 500 ea.)

wire : all 1/0 for ground and power

amps : 2 aq 3500's 1 aq 100.4 1 aq 200.2

sorry I am not much of a software drawing geek lol.

this is one of my ideas but not sure if it will be right.

Wrong. Do not jump power cable from amp to amp, you can also ground the amps to the batteries and batteries to frame if you want but your method of grounding will work.. Oh, and don't jump amp to amp with the power wire lol. Also, where is the fusing in all this?

On a side note, what brand are the batteries?

Also I would just worry about getting your charging voltage to the rear and not so much about including the front battery in your bank. That now includes all your batteries in doing everything for your car as well as powering your setup (lights, HU, A/C, power steering, ect). Isolate the front battery and let it operate normally, use the rear bank to power your system.

Other then running power from another amp i see nothing else wrong..
Just horrible pictures.

What will the ground be made of?

Sent from my Nexus 5
yes pictures suk, I do not have patience for the drawings, as far as the ground block, Homegrown is making it out of aluminum and it will be bolted to the chassis.

Wrong. Do not jump power cable from amp to amp, you can also ground the amps to the batteries and batteries to frame if you want but your method of grounding will work.. Oh, and don't jump amp to amp with the power wire lol. Also, where is the fusing in all this?
On a side note, what brand are the batteries?
will be using 2 300 amp fuses on the 2 pos. runs that come from first batt., an as far as jumping power from one amp to the other, I had not planned on doing it, I realized it after I posted this.

if I run 2 0ga. runs from the front, should I be running 2 0 ga. all the way thru the bank and to the amps as well ?

will be using 2 300 amp fuses on the 2 pos. runs that come from first batt., an as far as jumping power from one amp to the other, I had not planned on doing it, I realized it after I posted this.
if I run 2 0ga. runs from the front, should I be running 2 0 ga. all the way thru the bank and to the amps as well ?
All the wiring between each battery will help you pull enough current to charge each battery with maximum capacity.

You would be better off doing 2/0 or bigger to each battery to save space and maybe some money if using welding cable.

Then 1/0 to the amps.

Sent from my Nexus 5

All the wiring between each battery will help you pull enough current to charge each battery with maximum capacity.
You would be better off doing 2/0 or bigger to each battery to save space and maybe some money if using welding cable.

Then 1/0 to the amps.

Sent from my Nexus 5
true, I sort of was impatient and bought the 0 ga. and equipment before I actually sat down and figured everything out, I got the wire real cheap. I will redo it all in 2/0 or bigger later as cash comes in along with adding 2 more 18's and 2 more amps, i'm thinking around may to july.

stupid question but 0ga. and 1/0 is the same thing right ?

true, I sort of was impatient and bought the 0 ga. and equipment before I actually sat down and figured everything out, I got the wire real cheap. I will redo it all in 2/0 or bigger later as cash comes in along with adding 2 more 18's and 2 more amps, i'm thinking around may to july.
stupid question but 0ga. and 1/0 is the same thing right ?
Well if anything upgrade thr big 3 first whdn possible.

And yes 1/0 and 0 is the same, but 0 gauge is a car audio term while 1/0 AWG is a electrical term.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.