Sound not working properly

Participant count
  • Participant list

burton_

US
I have a 750w Hifonics amp and a 10" Alpine Type R sub. I installed everything no problem and everything was fine for awhile. I tend to play my music pretty loud... and now when I get the music going too loud the music just stops playing. The sub is still beating away to the song, but I can't hear the actual song itself. At first I thought it was the deck that was dieing out on me, but the lights and everything are still on. I can scroll through and look for music and everything, I just can't hear anything.

And heres the weird part. Once the music cuts out, all I have to do is turn the car off and back on, and then its playing again (for a bit, till it cuts out again). If I keep the sound turned down low it will play fine usually, but when I turn it up loud it just cuts out.

Do you think it's my speakers? (I haven't messed with them at all), or deck? I checked the ground wires and everything appears to be fine.

I was told by someone else that it may be my deck's internal amp that's gone bad. Would you guys just recommend buying a new deck?

If my memory serves me correct, my hu did something similar. I didn't have all the wires hooked up properly. Check it again and double check it. Make sure it matches up with every wiring diagram. That's what I think it is.

Well I've had the unit in there for a long time, and I haven't messed with anything to cause this to happen. It just suddenly did this when I had it playing too loud. I've looked back there 5 times and everything appears to be fine, the ground is secured solid on a metal surface, and everything is soldered and covered.

My HU's internal amp is only 14 watts... and I tend to play my music pretty loud (I have some pioneer speakers). Maybe I just need a better HU with a larger internal amp?

I have an alpine amp I will sell you so you can find out for sure.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Other than what I suggested I really don't know. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

RIGHT GUYS?

Are you referring to my actual amp? Or my Internal amp on the HU?

It's nothing to do with my amp because I've unhooked all of that and it still cuts out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.