sound good? HX2 RFD2212 and Crunch Blackmaxx 2250

Participant count
  • Participant list

Audio_Insanity

n/a
Run the crunch 2250 (1000 watts max amp (500 x 2 at 2 ohms )) parallel into 2 ohms on 2 Rockfords (HX2 RFD2212)... That would run 500 watts into each sub...

Anyone ever tried this setup? if so how does it sound?

What other uncostly amps would work on this setup and sound good?

I'm doing that as we speak.........

The thing is that I'm also running two other amps and I don't have enough power from my alternator to really push'em yet. The alternator is on it's way, I'll let you know when I have the power and can truely test the sound...........

Originally posted by Audio_Insanity Ok.. Thanks.
WHAT'S UP KID......

Well it's finally all in except the alternator and let me tell you kid, it's really bumping my car....and I haven't even gotten the alternator yet.........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif, It should be here wednesday.

I disconnected the mids/highs to test my instalation of the hx-2's and adjusted the bass while I was there.......man what bass. It took 35hz at full capacity, but I left it at 40hz cause it sounded best. I had to take the subs out again cause it had air leaks and made it sound rattly at first, but they were set in correctly the second time and it made a big difference......clean and deep. I then put the system together ( rca cables that is ) and heard it for a few minutes before it cut out.

Man, it was surrounding just the way we all imagine it, the back massage, and the rattling rear bumber which I'm gonna have to deal with when I get to that point....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Anyways, that's where I'm at and should be better off when the alternator is in some time this week, so I can listen to it at full gust for a while and then tell you more.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just to let you know.. I was talking to a store and they said they discontinued the hx2's for the reason of defects of some sort... soon as they installed them they were already blown. They said the newer ones may be fixed but they didnt know. Keep me updated with them over the months if you could... For now, im sending back my lanzar mp3 player and going to buy a Pioneer deh740mp, 2 Alpine Type R's in a R/T box and either a alpine or kenwood amp to power them. After this I still may get some of those rockfords with a crunch amp but Im gonna wait and see how they do for you...

Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.