Sound Deadening

Participant count
  • Participant list
Best results, in my opinion, would be, the entire door,and maybe give @KeepHopeAlive a heads up, and see if you would like to go the extra for the above best results of Insulation in plastic in the doors..Very interesting concept, and Im certain well worth the efforts..There is a thread about it on this site,under speaker installation you may want to look up and read..Yet, Id do as much deadner as you can afford and have the patience for..I wouldnt recommend doing the entire vehicle, if I werent going to keep the vehicle?sell in the next 2 yrs or ?Id prob just do as much needed for the speaker in place,..Just my opinion..Deff up to you and whatever you are willing to spend, and time spent/invest

I re did my entire interior and took the opportunity to do the entire cab i just never got to the doors. I was just curious if more is better which you answered. Thank you:)

The largest parts of the door that will make a difference, is matting the outer door skin, to control the door from actually resonating, and a good layer up to 8-12" around the speaker.

After that if your chasing for more midbass is going to be sealing off the holes from the door cavity, by doing the whole inner door skin.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That makes sense. I will be starting on that today actually. I dodnt have enough to do the whole doors today but I think I will start around the speaker and then cover the the holes and see how far that gets me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.