Sound Deadening Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

etm34
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kentucky
Ok so i would like to finally get rid of the rattles in my car from panels and etc and deaden them and get rid of a little road noise from the doors. I have looked at sound deadener showdown, it seems like the guy knows what he is talking about and makes quality stuff, but i would like some advice on what brands to also look at and what material to use and how to deaden my car. I want to deaden my trunk, where most of the rattles come from. My components like to rattle my front doors when i turn it up enough to get some good midbass, so i want to stop the panel vibrations in the doors and get rid of some of the crazy road noise that comes through the doors. I dont want to deaden the floor or basically anything else, i just want the rattles to go away and get a cleaner sound out of my sutff. Please let me know your thoughts and give me your input on how to do this and what materials to use, i am new to sound deadening and what to learn how to do a good job and do it right, so that i dont have to go back and do it again in the future! Thank You for Looking!

Ok so i would like to finally get rid of the rattles in my car from panels and etc and deaden them and get rid of a little road noise from the doors. I have looked at sound deadener showdown, it seems like the guy knows what he is talking about and makes quality stuff, but i would like some advice on what brands to also look at and what material to use and how to deaden my car. I want to deaden my trunk, where most of the rattles come from. My components like to rattle my front doors when i turn it up enough to get some good midbass, so i want to stop the panel vibrations in the doors and get rid of some of the crazy road noise that comes through the doors. I dont want to deaden the floor or basically anything else, i just want the rattles to go away and get a cleaner sound out of my sutff. Please let me know your thoughts and give me your input on how to do this and what materials to use, i am new to sound deadening and what to learn how to do a good job and do it right, so that i dont have to go back and do it again in the future! Thank You for Looking!
Deaden what needs to be areas need to be done, not 100% coverage is needed for the end results to be good. Target the small area that are your weakest areas. you will save $ and get better results. If you got rattles, it could be that your wiring for door locks and power windows on the inside panel is rattling. Try using some felt tape and secure it to the panel itself.

Op , also look into audio technix , its your lucky day and its on sale , was on the edge also for sound deadedning material , but i reviewed their stuff and sold , i bought 2 rolls , use the code for 20% today only , 15% rest of weekend- GL

Yup, for the price get AT, and go to raamaudio for some ensolite peel and stick. Use the AT for metal panels, and the ensolite for behind plastic panels and loose wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.