Sound deadening for tire area in trunk ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Dallas
I'm getting a new subwoofer setup in my car in the next couple of weeks and the box will take majority of my trunk (the spare tire will most likely have to be removed).

There's a wooden sheet that covers the spare tire. Once I remove the spare tire there will be a large gap between the wooden sheet and the gap where the tire use to be (the subwoofer box is going on top of the wooden sheet).

I'm sound deadening the trunk but is there something cheap I can shove in the gap that can help with the deadening ? (for example can I shove some quilts or towels in the gap ?).

I hope this makes sense (kinda of a strange question).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.