sound deadening for caviler

kicker zr 600

i have a 94 caviler that i have 2 12in infinty refences in a 1.25 sealed box with a kicker zr600 running them and the new alpine headunit out the one that has 3 4 volt out puts ok here is the prob the truck rattles like no other trunk i have seen or heard rattle i have been ever where they all tell me no matter how much sound deadening i put in the trunk it will never stop the rattleing u see the tail lights are on the truck lid it self so when u open it the tail lights go up with the trunk everything in the trunk rattles really bad i have been puting peel and seal everywhere in there not luck on it stoping it yet so i was wondering if i sealed the truck from the out side and bolted it down would that help or make it worse what can i do about it guys even circuitcity said then would not be able to fix the rattles any help pease guys al so when i open the drives side door all the rattleing goes away and my system sounds louder and hits harder

take the lights off. put deadener or foam between the lights and the metal, then put the lights back on.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

^x2... Im not sure what you meant by that. When you open the door all of a sudden ur system sounds perfect? Have you tried listening to your music with the windows rolled all the way down? With the trunk popped open? I gess peel and seal works ok but I think that stuff is pretty thin. What I would suggest is to try and find the rattles while the music is playing. Then where u feel or hear rattles add deadening till it stops. Try using something thicker like eDead or dynamat.

if you can..... and want to fix this problem. THis sound deadening method should work with good results. I tried this with a VW jetta, and worked out well.......

First remove your trunk. remove the lights, pull the wires out as much as you can, and secure them down with tape. now mix some of this.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36123&item=7143632188

and fill all of your gaps and voids... Once it has set strong, you can grind and sand it down to shape. YOu can either leave it unfinished, or you can carpet it as well. However I went further and fiberglassed over to make a shell and put the JL logo that was cut out of 1/4" plywood in there, and covered it with carpet to match. The logo stuck out and it looked SHARP! It also cure all of the rattles in the trunk. I also use weather strip behind the license plate. Dyna mat sells a license plate kit but is bogus as to compared to the weather strip. Weather strip has many uses for sound dampening and making seals. try that... YOu can also use this for many fabricating purposes depending on your creativity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.