Sound deadening....covering holes in doors?

PPIguy
10+ year member

What are some things you guys have done to cover up the big holes inside the doors for sound deadening. My plan was to lay some extra Dynamat Premium I have laying around over the holes, but it turns out I don't have enough, so onto plan B. I need to cover these big holes, then I'll be painting on some eDead v3 I've purchased over the entire inner door.

What tricks have you guys done that worked? Anything I could buy at Home Depot would be good cuz I want to do this today.

Will that stuff rust? And does it have some decent structural stregnth, its gonna need to be something that will hold its shape, at least long enough for me to paint it with the eDead. I believe the eDead is pretty solid after it dries, is that right?

plexi or some mdf, or ply wood even would work, but you would have to use some type of sealant, you should try reading the walk through it covers this and its a sticky

back in the day when there was pretty much only expensive ass dynamat I used paneling, its like 1/4 thick and easy to cut into weird shapes, then I siliconed it over the holes so I could still pry it off and the window broke, worked great

awesome read!
Thanks - should have summarized and said fiberglass is my favorite material for building covers. Solid covers can also be made out of aluminum flashing if you need a quicker solution.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.