Sound Deadener Question - COSTS AudioTechnix vs. SoundDeadener Showdown

just wanna throw my 2 cents in, i read pretty much everything don on sds has to say and

it makes sense that if you want the best sound from your components then the xtra 100 bucks is worth its weight in gold. I'm just a hobbyist but I plan on ordering a kit for my ride when I finally am ready to do it, proper planning prevents **** poor performance

I agree that spending an extra $100 to make the investment in some nice components is worth it. I am really happy to hear about the potential "B-Stock" CLD tiles available and will definitely try to make use of them when I purchase.

I will only be installing on front doors (not back) does this make a big difference? I am planning on installing front components only and not using any speakers in my back doors - I am also planning to install a subwoofer in the trunk in the FUTURE but not yet and I will make sure to work on the trunk when I tackle that.

I have about 2-3 weeks left this semester in nursing school and once I am finished for the summer I plan to start on the "sound deadening," big 3 wiring upgrade, component speaker and amp purchase/install.

Not treating the rear doors will make a difference in the same way that not treating the roof, floor, trunk/cargo area will make a difference. It's a slippery slope and it's fairly easy to convince yourself that it isn't worth doing anything unless you do everything. Treating just the front doors are almost always the best bang for the buck in noise reduction and that goes double if there are speakers in the front doors.

Not treating the rear doors will make a difference in the same way that not treating the roof, floor, trunk/cargo area will make a difference. It's a slippery slope and it's fairly easy to convince yourself that it isn't worth doing anything unless you do everything. Treating just the front doors are almost always the best bang for the buck in noise reduction and that goes double if there are speakers in the front doors.
I've done an array of treatments on my front doors, some of which include products from Don. I have his CCF, MLV, and the 3M Thinsulate Acoustic. I did some write-ups and a video on the site in my signature if anyone wants another perspective. The 3 products from SDS I mentioned made the most pleasing differences. The barrier of MLV helped my midbass response and I heard a reduction in outside noise from that, and a further reduction in outside noise when I added the Thinsulate Acoustic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.