Sound deadener 1969 camaro choice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
So I have just pulled out all of the carpet in my 1969 camaro and I'm going to grind the metal to clean it all off and put new carpet in along with fiberglassing a new console and doors to accommodate the system that I am going to install in it which will include 2 4" speakers, tweeters, 5 1/4" speakers, 6 1/2" speakers, 4 6x9 speakers, and 4 10" subs... I am going to fully sound deaden the car from the roof to the doors all the way to the trunk. BUT!!!!! I don't have much experience with this deadenening material and would like to get some opinions on some choices between products such as dynamat, gt pro, fatmAt and other similar products. Dynamat is a little too expensive but I've read up on it and understand the material compositions and how it works, but I don't know which companies I can trust to fill my car with their sound deadening product. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

why in the hell are you going to " grind the metal to clean it all off "

DO NOT GRIND YOUR PAINT OFF......

just clean it with denatured alcohol, wipe dry and put your deadner on with a roller.

the only time you " grind paint " is when your mounting a ground to the floor, then you grind were the wire term. will sit.

why are you wanting to introduce every size speaker made into the car? what are your goals, just to have a lot of speakers or to have something that sounds good? serious question. put a nice set up comps in the kicks ($600+), put a nice amp on them (same budget) and call it good. if you're dead set on a front 3-way then mids/tweets in the dash and midbass in the kick and aim them properly. just cramming a lot of random speakers on a door panel isn't cool, it's foolish and looks ridiculous to anyone who understands audio.

i use Raamaudio BXT II deadener and am happy with the product and value.

I wanted to put a lot of speakers in my classic mustang but my installer said we should go with quality over quantity. So I ended going with 2T4 6.5'and 1T1 12. Wont all that deadener be heavy for a muscle car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.