Sound Damping

unrated
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys, i heard peal and stick works good for sound damping, any1 used it or know how it compares to dynamat, i was compairing the 2 side by side and there really isnt any difference, except a dynamat is shiny, and peal and stick is dirt cheap, what do ya think?!?!?

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/ That should help you out a bit.

I have used peel and seal for the floor of the trunk before, not on the lid and it worked out ok, you have to layer it though since its not very thick. I have also used Fatmat and to tell you the truth its just like peel and seal. I mounted the Fatmat to the trunk lid, cleaned the surface and used a heat gun and it started to peel in the summer time.

If you are on a buget, go for the peel and seal.

Right beside Peel & Seal in Lowes there is a product made by Grace Industries. It is a General Flashing. I believe it is 50 ft by 9" and ruins about $30. It is EXACTLY like some other sound deadening produscts that I have seen (and bought) in the past. It is grey and nonmetalic on the top. I would use it for FLOORS ONLY, but it is dense, fairly heavy, and works w/o any asphalt smell.

B-Quiet (who "makes" BrownBread, amonng other things) used to relabel it and sell it in 36" wide sheets at 3x the cost.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.