Sound dampening

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ben718

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,
Chucked some dynamat type stuff on the boot floor today I’m gonna do the doors as well. Would doing the sides of the boot the floor and the roof make as similar amount of difference as the doors and boot would or is it just a slight improvement? I have a sunroof and it’s a 3rd car so the extra effort isn’t massive but unless it’s a night and day difference I won’t bother

the other thing is where and what type of product would be best for improvement on noise from the engine I presume the lack of any sound deadening under the bonnet would be the cause but would adding some effect the amount of cabin noise or not?

I'm my experience the doors and trunk made the largest difference. The factory deadening for most cars is little to none for both of those areas so you'll notice a huge difference even with a basic butyl deadener and CCF combo

Even modern entry level cars i've noticed quite a bit of floor deadening. The last lowend car I did had spray deadener with dampening foam on 75% of the entire floor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.