Alpine x, Rockford T2s1 or W7

Somchine13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Looking to go mainstream and was wondering what are ya thoughts on these brands. I've heard of W7 and they sounded nice but never heard of T2 or Alpine X. I'm thinking about either 2 alpine x 12 or a single 13 W7, or a 13 T2. Not a versus thread and just wondering which one would ya go for.

I would say the two Type X 12's. People always say cone area is king. Alpine recommends 1.65 cubes net per sub. So, you will need somewhere around a 4 cube box to start with. @Buck might have a box design for you already. At that price point why not look at some Sundown subs?

i would choose none of those....overpriced......Fi all day long
OP, don’t listen to this one... she can’t read.

I have the Alpine X 12”. It’s in my storage now because I upgraded to a 15, but I originally had it powered by a 900 watt amp, and it sounded weak... then I upgraded to a 1500 watt amp, and it came alive! 2 on a 3000 watt amp would POUND! I’ve also had a few JL subs and I LOVE them. JL makes great subs. But you could get 2 Xs for less than one W7, and I believe 2 Xs would hit harder than one W7. So if you have the space to make a proper ported box then I say go with the Xs.

OP, don’t listen to this one... she can’t read.

I have the Alpine X 12”. It’s in my storage now because I upgraded to a 15, but I originally had it powered by a 900 watt amp, and it sounded weak... then I upgraded to a 1500 watt amp, and it came alive! 2 on a 3000 watt amp would POUND! I’ve also had a few JL subs and I LOVE them. JL makes great subs. But you could get 2 Xs for less than one W7, and I believe 2 Xs would hit harder than one W7. So if you have the space to make a proper ported box then I say go with the Xs.

Have you ever ran or heard a pair of good Fi subs? They are pretty impressive. From the OP's 3 choices, I agree with the two Type X's, but a pair of Fi's would be better IMO.

Have you ever ran or heard a pair of good Fi subs? They are pretty impressive. From the OP's 3 choices, I agree with the two Type X's, but a pair of Fi's would be better IMO.
I was just messing with Ms. Smooth cause she told someone else not to listen to me. Personally, I would get a different sub as well, probably a pair of Brahma 12s if I wanted SQ, but OP specifically said he’s going mainstream so that’s what he wants advice on.

I was just messing with Ms. Smooth cause she told someone else not to listen to me. Personally, I would get a different sub as well, probably a pair of Brahma 12s if I wanted SQ, but OP specifically said he’s going mainstream so that’s what he wants advice on.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that means. "Going Mainstream". That's a new saying to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.