sorry guys just need a little help 2 strapped amps 1 dvc 2ohm sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
úmmm how much pwr does it put out strapped at 4ohm? and it is stable strapped at 1ohm? I think you might find you'll get more pwr by running one amp and wiring your sub to 1ohm rather than strapping them and having to wire your sub to 4ohm

I haven't run a BRX at a half ohm but I have run a BXi-1600 at a half ohm. It was gain set on a -5dB track, it did fine and was a daily. Of course, you have to have electrical to support it but that should go without saying.

I've also heard a number of people say they've run the BRX amps at a half ohm so I would say go for it so long as your electrical is up to par and you set the gains properly.

And to answer your question... no. You cannot wire the sub to present a 1Ω load to each amp. It will be either .5 or 2Ω to each amp.

ok thanks guys in that case think i will go with an Orion HCCA5000.1D its their new ultra efficient class D amp does 5000 watts at 1ohm at only 12.6V

^^ don't do this, both amps wont have the same output and will damage your sub.
You literally just make shit up ive noticed..... I beleive he was referring to strapping the amps with the sub wired to 4 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.