Sony Opinions

camdog
10+ year member

Atlanta
I know we have some Sony haters out there, but I need some tangibles.

I really like the look of the black faced Sony CDX-M630. Everything on it looks simple and clean. So what's the beef. What's wrong with Sony? Where does it come up short to Alpine and Pioneer? I'm pushing my speakers with external amps, so I'm not too concerned about its ability to push. I'm most concerned about sound clarity. I want really clean sound. Give it to me.

The Sony deck does not have amazing pre-outs (Although neither does Pioneer). I had the 620 and it would randomly skip for no reason, while stopped, with any CD, brand new or not. I've heard this happen to other Sony users. other than that, it's an attractive deck.

I know there's plenty of ways to describe quality, but I just want to avoid 'crap in = crap out' for my speakers. Does the Sony feed the speakers comparable sound quality to the Alpines and Pioneers? If not, can you describe the difference.

Had the Sony CDX - M770, decent h/u, skips a lot, but I liked it. Going to buy the Sony CDX - C90, looks really good and people who have it say good things about it. All the low end stuff is bad(but would get you by if you wanted something cheap)

I've had 2 different Sony H/U's, and never had a problem with either. The first H/U I ever got was Sony, I had it a year and sold it, to my knowledge it is still working after 3+ years. The last H/U I had was Sony, and it's been almost a year and no problems, it's now in my brother's truck. There are better H/U's out there, but I've had no problems with Sony and for the price, they rank up there. My next H/U will be an Alpine though.

i had a sony hu it was easy but not any good features and had problems after maybe a month, i recomend blaupunkt hu's cheap nice and high wattage!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by camdog I know there's plenty of ways to describe quality, but I just want to avoid 'crap in = crap out' for my speakers. Does the Sony feed the speakers comparable sound quality to the Alpines and Pioneers? If not, can you describe the difference.
No way does it have the SQ of an alpine deck. Their preouts are superior. The sony deck sounds just fine if you have decent speakers.

Ok I have the Sony MX610 the first black face plated one. I have had no problems with it. It does skip every once in a while when I hit a RR crossing and 90MPH and go Airborn, it skips for like a second about the time all the coke bottles and people come down from hitting the roof of my truck.

The preamps are descent 4V I believe, my setup sounds good enough for me.

If you HU skips try mouting it to the truck. I see a lot of install places just mount th HU in the slot, they never use that little piece of metal that comes with the radio and screws into the back of it and then screws to the back of your dash. One that makes it a hell of a lot harder to steal, and two it stabilizes the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.