Sony Exlplods...that bad??

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 754
U

Unregistered

Ok guys, I just went out to Best buy last night and picked up a pair of Sony Explod two-way 6x9's to throw in the rear dash of my 91 Grand Prix. Well I got into school today mentioned it to some buds and every one of them jumped down my throat practically yelling at me to take them back and get a different brand. They all agreed the sound quality was fine but said they wouldn't last and most likely would blow really easily. Now I'm not really looking for subs or anything too fancy....just replacing the factory 6x9's to handle the pioneer head unit. Another thing I've heard is 6x9's are no good, and I'm sure you guys are right, but i'm fine with them. I just want to know are sony's really as bad as all my buds say? The one kid even said they could short and catch fire?? Is this true? If so, I'll take em back tomarrow and buy RF's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

first of all i would like to admit im not by any means an expert. But i do know this, SONY is not ****. Granted they arent the best out there (and if u asked me what was the best i couldnt answer that) but they are not bad. What i gather from your post is that ur not looking for a monster system, so they should be fine and sound great for your needs. Now if you bought pyramid speakers that would be a diff story but u didnt, they are SONY and that does say something in my opinion.

LuRp

Truthfully, you can answer your own question. Do you like them. Did they do what you expected them to do. I'm sure when you went to best buy you listened to them, so you must have thought they would fit your needs. The "buds" who are knocking on sony, probably spent way more than you spent, and they are right to an extent, sony isn't the greatest. But, they do make quality products backed up by a sweet warranty.

. I just want to know are sony's really as bad as all my buds say? The one kid even said they could short and catch fire??

Catch fire? No, if the product is installed properly you should have no problems. But with every brand of speakers out there, you will occassionally get a speaker that has a defect. Some more than others.

first of all i would like to admit im not by any means an expert. But i do know this, SONY is not ****. Granted they arent the best out there (and if u asked me what was the best i couldnt answer that) but they are not bad
agree,

if you love the sound, then keep it...(just advice)

im not a big fan of sony xplods but they definatly arnt ****, they sound good and are decent for their money, in my opinion if ur gonna go to best buy spend an extra 30 bucks and get the 6x9 4 way pioneer speakers..they sound really good thats wut i have and i like them alot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.