Sony 1000watt Mono Amp Question

XplodX
10+ year member

I have a sony Xplod Mobile ES Xm-6001GDX amp and 2 12" Mobile ES XM-1225G 1200watt subs. I want to hook both the subs up to this amp and dont really understand the mono block thing. Could somone please explain to me how I would do this and what kind of wattage I would get to each sub. Thanks

-XplodX

i could'nt find that sub online... but the amp is rated as follows:

300w X 1 @ 4ohm

600w X 1 @ 2ohm

1000w X 1 @ 1ohm

tell me the specs of your subs and i will tell you how to wire them.

I think your sub model is the XS-L1255G which is a single 4 ohm voice coil

subwoofer.

Since you have two of them, you "MUST" wire them in parallel to get the

most from your amp. In parallel mode you will get a 2 ohm load.

Each sub will get about 300 WATT RMS, that will be just fine cause

your subs are rated at 400 WATT RMS -- 1200 W MAX.

Hope this could be helpful.

to wire parallel, run the pos of one vc to the other vc on each sub. do the same with the neg of each vc. then connect one pos of each sub together and run that to the amp. do the same with the neg of each sub. you're now in parallel and running 1ohm. that should put you close to 500 wrms to each sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.