Sony 1000watt AWG Question

XplodX
10+ year member

I have a Sony Xplod Mobile ES XM-6001GXD 1000watt mono amp, and a 8 gauge wiring kit from my old amp, This amp says it needs at least a 4 Gauge wiring kit. Would it harm the amp or severly cut down the power if I temperaroly hooked it up through my 8 guage kit until i can get a 4 gauge?

Ok but will it hurt my amp if I do it cause I really want to hook it up just to see how it sounds casue ive been waiting over a month for all my system components to come in and am extremly anxious

i have a friend at circuit city who sells car audio, and he said the sony amps ****, but if u do get 1, make sure u have 4 gauge wire. just some advice.

I have the same amp but not the mobile es model and it rocks you num nut.you can use 8 guage if you want but 4 will help just don't use over 16 feet of for guage cuz i heard something will happen if you run more than 16 or so feet.Anyways what subs are you pushing with that bad ass amp man?

If I'm not mistaken, 1000 watts (500RMS?) is too much juice to be pushing through 8ga. wire; if you've waited a month, wait a bit longer.

I will be running a 500 watt Jensen amp and it was recommended to use 8 ga., but 4 ga if I planned on upgrading to ANYTHING higher, such as a 1000 watt amp. So just stick it out bud.

4 GUAGE wire is only a $1 a foot and a inline fuse holder from suntech is like $5 so you would be looking at around $20 not very much money man.i got 4 guage welding wire for $1 a foot can.,reg. 4 guage car audio wire is around $1.50-3.00 a foot so get cheap stuff cuz it all works.

Mr. Lowrider-It will be running (2) Sony Explod Mobile ES 1200watt (400w RMS) 12's.

I agree with you, Im really sick of people who have never even heard the explod line dissing it, my friend has a 760watt 2 channal xplod hooked up to 3 12's and it bumps hard.

but no one yet has told me if it will hurt my amp if i hook it up to a 8 guage casue i heard it will just decrease the wattage by 2/3.

thanx

These amps are sweet and surprise the heck out of me and the whole world prolly because the word out sony ***** well they got news coming to them this summer when people compete with them.I think you will get buy with more than 2/3's your power man i have a feeling.I got a 8 guage kit with my amp but i bought 4 anyhow just because i wanna now forsure that i am running it at top performance,but its up 2 you i would try the 8 guage for now cuz i know how it is to be without a stereo for awile you get ants in your pants and all kinds of funny **** happens that draws you to hooking up your car audio and loving every minute of it(when it runs good of course).Let me know what you do and how you like that bad boy amp.

Yes, it could potentially hurt your amp...or just CATCH ON FIRE.

just buy some wire...its cheap like lowrider said.

here is a web address for a car audio electronics tutorial.

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/

go to the section on wire for the right wire application.

If you want to know more just go through the whole tutorial, its worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.