Sonido Mask amplifier review ZX-1500 & ZX-3000

Opti 2500 never new that existed lol
IMG_05042.jpg

Looks fimiliar

This amp put out some power pb xa3000

The guts on the nido look similar with some upgrades nice looking amp SM
The sonido mask amps don't look like the amp you posted. Just look at the caps and you can see they are in completely different locations. Completely different man.

You do realize that it blew up because it was ran below it's minimum impedance rating at a resistive load. There are lots of amps that will do the exact same thing.
I have to disagree most "quality" amps won't burn up right away at half ohm

exactly! Those amps only cost a little bit more then the sonido mask and are built like tanks. If these sonido amps were a bit cheaper then i would not have a problem running them but the pricing is a bit iffy and i'm not really sure how well their warranty department honors defective returns. Maybe someone else with consumer RMA experience can chime in on that. Many of these new companies are pretty shady on that department but if they have good customer service and the quality of their amps improve down the line then they might have a shot.

Ya not right away but they will still fail. I have a kicker zx2500.1 on my work bench right now that I'm going to finish repairing, the power supply and output sections were both cooked because the owner ran the amp below 2 ohms. I also got 2 HK4000D's with the same problems.

That is what happens when you run almost any amp below it's minimum impedance with a resistive load. I bet this amp would have lasted longer if it wasn't a resistive load at 0.5 ohm, that is like wiring the amp at 0.25 with a set of subs.

That is what happens when you run almost any amp below it's minimum impedance with a resistive load. I bet this amp would have lasted longer if it wasn't a resistive load at 0.5 ohm, that is like wiring the amp at 0.25 with a set of subs.
That's funny because with proper electrical I've watched the zx series play daily as low as half ohm kickers 2 ohm model so Idk man

I'd like to see someone put up a "quality" amp on the dyno at half ohm resistive load.. If everyone is so sure, let's see it?? Honestly I've never seen any amp on the dyno at 0.5 certified that was only rated at 1 ohm stable.

Someone send him a sundown saz1500 or IA.. Anyone willing to gamble it won't face the same fate???

I'd like to see someone put up a "quality" amp on the dyno at half ohm resistive load.. If everyone is so sure, let's see it?? Honestly I've never seen any amp on the dyno at 0.5 certified that was only rated at 1 ohm stable.
Someone send him a sundown saz1500 or IA.. Anyone willing to gamble it won't face the same fate???
Exactly this is .5 resistive not nominal ..its like wiring to .25 and rising to. 5 ...most all amps wired at .5 nominal will rise above 1ohm resistive...i bet quite a few nuthugged amps would fail at .5 resistive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.