somethings goin wrong

Smac
10+ year member

I need $
Iowa
Last week when I was comin home from school I was listenin to my system and the amp just shut off (no protection mode or anything). When I got home i checked it out and the amp was ice cold. The next day everything was working perfectly again and it was back to normal. However, two days ago i noticed a weird sound coming from my subs. It would occur even if i had my subs turned all the way down, and i was just turning up my normal speakers. I ignored the sound and yesterday it happened again. It sounds like short little bumps and scratching (this is with the subs turned all the way down). Anyway when i actually do turn up the subs they will play for like 4 minutes just fine then stop for like 10 seconds and then turn back on. Iv'e checked all of the connections and they are all snug. Does anybody have a clue whats goin on here?

I see. It will make a noise when i first turn it on but it just doesnt go "thump" then stop. Itll staticaly rumble for like 6 seconds then stop when i change the song.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.