Something wrong with remote

Participant count
  • Participant list

Apetry

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, new here and not totally up to date on car audio lingo. I installed a Rockford 12” sub and ported box and an alpine mrp500 amp in my Tahoe. It worked fine for the last 3 years and now it is cutting out at high volume. It plays fine until volume hits about 50%. It appears that at higher volume the on light begins flickering and I loose sound. If turned back down it begins to play again. I have trouble shot the wire and it’s not the issue. If I jump from the hot wire into the amp to the remote, it plays fine at all volumes. Could this be an issue with my amp or possibly the voltage/amperage fluctuating throughout my vehicle? I installed a new battery but have not checked the alternator. Any help is very much appreciated!!

Just to confirm you are referring to the remote turn on and not the +12v power wire? If so, it sounds like you have a loose connection that's rattling loose somewhere. I've had it happen to me.

If you're referring to the Remote turn on wire, it sounds like you may need to replace it? Could be pinched somewhere that has now become intermittent.

I jumped a new wire from my remote on/off source straight to the amp and have the same problem. I think it has to be fluctuations in the current of where I’m tapped into. Is there anything I can add inline that would steady out the current?

I jumped a new wire from my remote on/off source straight to the amp and have the same problem. I think it has to be fluctuations in the current of where I’m tapped into. Is there anything I can add inline that would steady out the current?

You should probably clamp your battery or Amp power wire and see if you're actually seeing current drop. You could also use a DMM to check voltage drop at the Amp as well. High likely hood that you're Alt is going down and better to just replace that then spend money elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.