Something a little different

ive seen one of these before but i cant remember where. if all else fails, itll look pretty cool
I said on the first page this has been done before. There was a thread on here with pics, I remember reading it.

whats the model number on those little 5.5's?
Sony XS-MP1610W, is that what you're looking for?

the head unit is Kenwood KMR-330 wonder compatible with the 5.5s, could be why its getting hot

For charging, look in to solar battery chargers. I use one for the boat and it sure helps
This sounds expensive but perfect for this project. gonna look into it. it'd be really cool to be able to mount the panel on top of the cooler

all set up in the cooler need to mount the head unit and amp somewhere, also need keep the battery from moving around. more caulking also

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

155 for the sub and amp, 50 the little sony speakers, 100 for the hu and 80 for that battery you sir are nuts i had one of these Amazon.com: Bosch PB360S Basic Power Box Jobsite Radio: Home Improvement and it was rugged as hell goes for less than half of what you have spent. still looks like a good time though
that looks LOADS better hahaha. Prolly lighter too...

That cooler definitely holds in a hell of a lot of heat. Drop some dry ice in the bottom;)

And I would imagine those speakers need to be sealed in their own enclosure.

I was expecting more of a midsize cooler, with some wheels. That's lookin pretty cramped in there!

Sony XS-MP1610W, is that what you're looking for?
the head unit is Kenwood KMR-330 wonder compatible with the 5.5s, could be why its getting hot

This sounds expensive but perfect for this project. gonna look into it. it'd be really cool to be able to mount the panel on top of the cooler

all set up in the cooler need to mount the head unit and amp somewhere, also need keep the battery from moving around. more caulking also

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg
wtf not mounting the HU? and leaving it right behind the sub?:facepalm: hook up youre amp to all three speakers ditch the HU and do an rca to 3.5 mm and use an ipod or cheap mp3 player externally to get your music. it will make that battery last longer and keep your **** from getting hot. also does the lid pop off that thing when it is playing closed?

lol, isn't that what we've been saying?
Yes but the OP does not seem to be getting it.

He could epoxy some tupperwares behind each speaker with some polyfill in them, that would help a lot.

I think using a 4 channel amp and running a RCA to 3.5 through the cooler lid so he could have had the ipod on the top would have been a much better idea.

There is no reason for using a head unit here at all.

155 for the sub and amp, 50 the little sony speakers, 100 for the hu and 80 for that battery you sir are nuts i had one of these Amazon.com: Bosch PB360S Basic Power Box Jobsite Radio: Home Improvement and it was rugged as hell goes for less than half of what you have spent. still looks like a good time though
I wasn't planning on getting a sub originally, but i saw the package for $70 and had to get it.

nothing is mounted on the inside yet, I'm still working on it.

The lid needs to be held down with some bungees

wtf not mounting the HU? and leaving it right behind the sub?:facepalm: hook up youre amp to all three speakers ditch the HU and do an rca to 3.5 mm and use an ipod or cheap mp3 player externally to get your music. it will make that battery last longer and keep your **** from getting hot. also does the lid pop off that thing when it is playing closed?
which is why i said nothing is mounted. Now that its done

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.